I have SO MANY friends that are eating leaner diets and really working hard on getting in shape or taking things to the next level. Like, seriously everyone has decided to be a fitness competitor or to lose the extra weight that kids or college packed on. I love seeing everyone reaching out for new fitness goals and we are definitely fans of eating healthy. Egg whites are eaten more often than I will mention in our home, but pizza is eaten a lot too. One day I was craving a little pepperoni pizza but as I knew that we had a few parties coming up that weekend I didn’t want to change how we normally eat just for a craving one day. But then I had the idea to turn egg whites into a pizza and it was delicious!!! So, egg white pizza is about to be a new thing and you’ll have seen it here first.
Are Egg Whites Good For You?
Cooked egg whites are a low-fat and cholesterol-free way to add protein and key nutrients to your diet.
They are rich in protein, sodium, selenium, folate and calcium and minerals.
An egg white is only around 16 calories.
Is Mozzarella Cheese Low Fat?
Mozzarella and feta cheese are on the low end of the scale for saturated fat.
Does Pepperoni Need to Be Refrigerated?
Unopened Pepperoni can be stored indefinitely in the refrigerator or up to 6 weeks in the pantry.
Once it is opened, it can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.
Egg White Pizza
Egg White Pizza
- 4 egg white, whisked
- 1/3 cup pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- mini pepperonis
- In a nonstick skillet over medium heat, add the egg white and allow to begin cooking.
- Gently lift the edges and tilt the pan allowing the egg whites to slip under.
- Repeat around the eggs until there is no liquid remaining on top.
- Gently flip the egg white and place sauce, cheese and pepperoni on top.
- Place under the broiler and cook until the cheese is melted.