This Greek Chicken Pasta Skillet is zesty and creamy and full of all your favorite Mediterranean flavors! With sun-dried tomatoes, feta cheese, Kalamata Olives, garlic, chicken, pasta and more – it’s truly a meal the whole family will love!
Are Sun-dried Tomatoes Healthy?
Like tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes are full of antioxidants, vitamins, and good-for-you minerals.
With high levels of lycopene, the antioxidant levels in sun dried tomatoes can help lower your risk of cancer and age-related diseases like cataracts and macular degeneration.
Hi Everyone, It’s Holly from Taste And See! I’m excited to stop by and share a really yummy pasta recipe with you today!
I’ll be honest: I love Mediterranean flavors like sun-dried tomatoes, Kalamata olives, garlic and feta cheese. After all, we know a little feta makes everything bettah’! (Sorry I couldn’t help myself.) I make another dish that is similar that has zucchini and squash… Grilled Chicken and Squash with Tomato Feta Pasta – mmm, it’s so easy and so delicious!
But more about this Greek Chicken Pasta Skillet – all of those big tangy flavors play so nicely together. And when you add hearty pasta and tender chicken into the mix you have one amazingly tasty well-balanced meal.
Yummo – right!??
Oh, it’s everything, my friend… creamy, and saucy, and zesty and hearty. Plus it’s a really straight-forward pasta recipe, easy enough for any home cook to pull off. You gotta love those easy weeknight dinners!
Can you tell – I’m totally looking out for you!?
I recommend prepping your ingredients first… chopping your onions & parsley, slicing your olives & sun-dried tomatoes, mincing your garlic and cutting up your chicken.
You could even do this ahead of time and then pull it all out when you’re ready to start cooking.
Or save some time and purchase julienned sun-dried tomatoes, halved olives, and crumbled feta. It’s amazing all the pre-prepped ingredients that are available to us nowadays.
If we only we could get someone to cook it for us too! LOL
I guess that’s what takeout’s for –huh?
But trust me, one bite of this Greek Chicken Pasta and you’ll be spoiled forever – no takeout will be able to compare to this delicious meal.
Guess you’ll be cooking at home from now on. 🙂
Speaking of cooking – let’s get to it!
First, you should get your pasta boiling and set your timer so it cooks to an al dente doneness.
What is Al Dente?
Al dente in Italian means “to the tooth”.
The basic idea is cooking dried pasta so that it retains a bit of firmness to the bite and is not overcooked.
Then start sautéing your onions, then garlic, and chicken in a little olive oil. Next, you’ll add the tomato paste and chicken stock and let it simmer for a few minutes to create a sauce.
Now mix in the lime juice, sun-dried tomatoes, half of the feta cheese, 1 tablespoon of parsley, salt, pepper, and sugar, and cook for a few more minutes allowing those flavors to marry together.
Next stir in the fat-free half-in-half (or heavy cream if preferred), fresh tomatoes, and olives, and sauté for a few more minutes so it thickens just a little and gets all nice and creamy.
Finally, fold in your cooked pasta, sprinkle with the rest of the feta cheese and parsley and serve warm.
You might seriously consider making a double batch of this delectable Greek chicken pasta because the whole family will definitely be asking for more!
How Long Will Skillet Chicken Pasta Keep?
To maximize the shelf life of cooked pasta for safety and quality, refrigerate the pasta in shallow airtight containers or resealable plastic bags.
Properly stored, cooked pasta will last for 3 to 5 days in the refrigerator.
Greek Chicken Pasta Skillet
Greek Chicken Pasta Skillet
- 6 ounces rigatoni pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1½ pounds chicken breast cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- ½ cup halved sun-dried tomatoes, sliced
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons parsley, reserve 1 tablespoon for garnish
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ cup fresh cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/3 cup pitted Kalamata olives, halved
- ¾ cup fat-free half and half, or heavy cream if preferred
- Cook pasta according to the box instructions, for al dente doneness.
- While the pasta is boiling, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a nonstick pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the onions and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook 1 more minute.
- Season the chicken with ½ teaspoon salt, pepper and onion powder, then add it to the pan, and cook for 6 minutes, turning once (add more oil if needed).
- Stir in the tomato paste and chicken stock and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add lime juice, sun-dried tomatoes, half of the feta, 2 tablespoons parsley, ½ teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon pepper, sugar and simmer about 3 minutes.
- Add the fresh cherry tomatoes, olives and the half and half, then sauté for 2 minutes.
- Fold in the al dente pasta, sprinkle with rest of the crumbled feta cheese and parsley, and serve warm.
[clickToTweet tweet=”Greek Chicken Pasta Skillet – Delicious, Easy, Weeknight Dinner!” quote=”Greek Chicken Pasta Skillet – Delicious, Easy, Weeknight Dinner!” theme=”style4″]
I would love to connect with you! Head on over to Taste And See for more deliciousness!
Looking for more easy family dinners?