So, I happen to love cheese on my sandwiches, especially on my Grilled Chicken Sandwich. I will even have a restaurant add some if it doesn’t normally come with it, well not always depending on the sandwich, but a lot of times. Right now I can’t have cheese while I nurse so I was trying to make a really flavorful sandwich so that I wouldn’t miss the cheese and I did it!
The avocado made it a little creamy and cool while the roasted red peppers gave lots of flavor (too bad I now can’t eat those either!!). I grilled the whole thing in our panini press just because I love that smooshed together flavor. And yes, I used mayo, but I’m supposed to avoid that now too. GEEZ!
Can You Grill Chicken In An Oven?
Yes, line a baking sheet with foil and place a baking rack on the foil.
Season your chicken and place it on the rack.
Place in a preheated 400 degree oven.
Bake until done, turning over one time.
How Long Will Grilled Chicken Keep?
Grilled chicken will keep for up to 4 days in the refrigerator.
Chicken should be cooled, and then wrapped tight in plastic or placed in a plastic storage bag.
Is It Safe To Eat Chicken Cold?
Yes, you can safely eat it cold chicken.
Chicken leftovers would most probably be safe to eat after three to four days in refrigerator.
Grilled Chicken Sandwich
Recipe By Me
- 1 Boneless Skinless Chicken breast
- Montreal Chicken Seasoning
- A few Slices of Avocado
- 1 Small Red pepper, roasted, peeled and sliced
- 1/3 Cup Mayonnaise
- Italian Sourdough Bread
- 1 Small clove of Garlic minced
- 2 Teaspoons Italian seasoning
- Mix the mayo, garlic, and seasoning in a bowl and set aside.**The grocery store now has herbed or chipotle mayo so I will try that next time.
- Place mayo on each side of bread, layer the rest of the ingredients and top with another slice of bread.
- Drizzle olive oil over bread and press in a panini maker or between two heavy pans on the stove.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 928 Saturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 228.6mg Sodium: 0mg Carbohydrates: 8.6g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 3.3g Protein: 62.8g