Please forgive this awful, horrible, no good picture. It’s an old one. But, I promise this Margherita Pizza is delicious!!!
Still have roma tomatoes and feta cheese left over from the greek salad? No problem!! Make Four Cheese Margarita Pizza!!
The dough is a Neopolitan crust which means super thin. We prefer thin, but if you like more crust probably dont use this recipe or use two quarters of dough instead of one for each crust.
*If you love tomatoes try slicing them. I am learning to like them so I chop them into smaller bites.
Does Margherita Pizza Contain Alcohol?
A margherita pizza is made with fresh tomatoes, basil, and mozzarella cheese.
The alcoholic beverage has nothing to do with the pizza.
How Do You Reheat Pizza?
The very best way to reheat pizza is on a stove top.
Heat a heavy skillet to medium and add a drop of oil.
Place the pizza in the skillet, and cook for 2 minutes, until the bottom is crisp.
Turn the heat to low and add 2 drops of water along the edge of the skillet, not next to the pizza.
Cover with a lid for 1 minute, until the cheese is melted.
Are Tomatoes Good For Your Heart?
Tomatoes have two key nutrients that have a big impact on heart health.
Those nutrients are lycopene and potassium.
They may help lower LDL, or “bad” cholesterol, and keep blood from clotting, which lowers stroke risk.
Preorder our new book!
This unique cookbook guides the way through every step, including meal lists and easy-to-follow recipes, and features dollops of heartwarming family stories.
Dough from MangiaBenePasta.com under pizza
- 1 teaspoon yeast dry active
- 1-1/4 cups water warm
- 1 cup cake flour not self-rising
- 2-1/2 to3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Olive oil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 tomatoes Roma, chopped
- 8 ounces cheese shredded Mozzarella
- 4 ounces cheese shredded Fontina
- 10 basil leaves fresh, washed, dried
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbled
For the Crust
- Add the yeast to the warm water and allow it to sit for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake flour, 2-1/2 cups of all-purpose flour, and salt.
- Add the yeast mixture and stir to form a soft dough.
- Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface.
- Knead until smooth and elastic, adding more flour as needed.
- Coat a bowl with olive oil.
- Place the dough in the bowl, turning it once to coat with oil.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place.
- The dough should double in volume in about 1-1/2 hours.
- Flatten the dough and cut into 4 equal size pieces.
- Shape each piece into a ball.
- Place the balls on a lightly floured surface and cover.
- Allow to rise about 1 hour, until doubled.
- Shape pizza and top.
Assembling Your Pizza
- Stir together olive oil, garlic, and sea salt; toss with tomatoes, and let marinate for 15 minutes, but no more than 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Brush each pizza crust with some of the tomato marinade.
- Sprinkle the pizzas evenly with Mozzarella and Fontina cheeses.
- Place tomatoes on top of cheese, then sprinkle with shredded basil, Parmesan, and feta cheese.
- Place baking stone in 6 min before and then remove and place pizza on stone and into the oven.
- Bake 10-12 min or until slightly golden and bubbly!