I can’t imagine a world without Nutella. I love it. My kids love it. Heck, even my Grandma loves it. But I do not understand how people eat it as a sandwich for lunch. Guys, it’s not lunch. There’s really nothing nutritional about a plain piece of bread with Nutella on it. Wait, peanut butter and jam is pretty much the same thing isn’t it. Dang. Well, I still feel guilty eating it for lunch. I do not however feel guilty about eating it for dessert. Like these Nutella Strawberry Taquitos.
They are fried, rolled in gobs of cinnamon sugar and eaten with a big ol’ scoop of ice cream. It kind of tastes like a chocolate strawberry fried ice cream thingy. Mmmmm, fried ice cream. I wish that wasn’t such a hassle to make because boy is it delicious. And yes, I did let the girls eat these as soon as they came home from school, but it was past lunch so technically it was ok to do.
What Are Taquitos?
Taquitos are a Mexican food consisting of a tortilla that is wrapped around a filling of meat or cheese, or sometimes a sweet filling of fruit and then deep fried/
Can Taquitos be Made With Both Corn and Flour Tortillas?
Taquitos are usually made with flour tortillas, but they can be made with corn tortillas if you choose.
What Is Nutella?
Nutella is a sweetened palm oil spread with hazelnut and cocoa flavoring.
Nutella Strawberry Taquitos
- 6 White Corn Tortillas
- 2 Cups Strawberries, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Cinnamon Sugar
- Canola Oil for Frying
- Toss the strawberries with the sugar in a small bowl
- Place the cinnamon sugar into an 8x9" baking dish.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat and fill with 1/4" of oil.
- In another nonstick pan over medium high heat, heat the tortillas on both sides until pliable.
- Quickly spread the nutella all over the tortilla and fill with the strawberries. Do not allow the strawberries or nutella too close to the ends as they will spill out during frying.
- Roll up the tortilla and place 3-4 in the pan at a time, quickly frying on each side until golden and then quickly into the cinnamon sugar.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 129 Saturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 0mg Carbohydrates: 31.7g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 21.2g Protein: 1.3g