Is Oatmeal Gluten Free?
Yes, non-contaminated, pure oats are gluten-free.
Is Oatmeal Good For You?
Oats are among the healthiest grains on earth.
Oats are a great source of important vitamins, minerals, fiber and antioxidants.
Oats and oatmeal have many health benefits.
Oatmeal is good for weight loss, lower blood sugar levels and a reduced risk of heart disease.
How Long Will Oatmeal Cookies Keep?
Freshly baked oatmeal cookies will last for about 2 to 3 weeks at normal room temperature and stored in an airtight container.
Our new book is now available!
This unique cookbook guides the way through every step, including meal lists and easy-to-follow recipes, and features dollops of heartwarming family stories.
Recipe from Adele
- 1 1/2 Cups Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Cinnamon
- 3/4 Cup Shortening
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- 3 Cups Rolled Oats
- 1 Cup Raisins
- 1/2-1 Cup baking chips Chocolate
- Heat the oven to 350
- Mix together the shortening and sugars until smooth.
- Add the milk and mix until well combined.
- Stir in the dry ingredients until just combined.
- Add the oatmeal, raisins and chocolate chips and fold until well incorporated.
- Bake at 350 for 10-12 min.