I still love our NY Times BEST cookie recipe because it has a little bit more of the buttery, traditional taste to it, but these are just so squishy soft I can’t decide…
You better make both recipes and have a family vote! Or better yet, make both and take them to some friends and neighbors. I don’t know anyone who wouldn’t love getting a plate a fresh baked cookies!
How to Make Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies
These cookies are made just like all other cookies – wet ingredients, dry ingredients, chocolate chips, scoop, bake, EAT!
- Combine all the wet ingredients (butter, eggs, vanilla and almond extract) and sugars until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients (flour, salt, baking soda, and pudding mix).
- Pro tip: You add the dry pudding mix packet. You don’t actually make the pudding.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until thoroughly combined, then add the chocolate chips and stir slowly.
- Scoop the cookie dough onto a greased cookie sheet. We like to use silpats for baking these cookies.
- Pro tip: We like to add a few extra chocolate chips on top of the dough balls right before baking. It makes them look so pretty!
- Bake at 35o degrees Fahrenheit for 8-10 minutes.
You want the cookies to be golden on top! I like to wait just a few minutes and eat one while it’s still warm and gooey delicious!
Can You Use Cook and Serve Pudding?
The cook and serve style pudding won’t work for this recipe. You want the the instant pudding mix.
Why Are My Chocolate Chip Cookies Crispy?
It’s a delicate balance getting that perfectly golden, round and soft cookie. If your cookies are overly crispy, there are few possible culprits:
- Too much sugar was added
- The cookies were overbaked
- Dark cookie sheet was used
Why Do Chocolate Chip Cookies Spread?
There are a few reasons that can cause chocolate chip cookies to spread or to go flat…
- The butter was too soft or melted
- Your flour was under measured
- The cookie sheet was too hot when you placed the dough on the pan
Can Cookie Dough Be Frozen?
You can freeze cookie dough in bulk, or in individual balls. We like to freeze in individual balls so that it’s easy to pull out a few and bake whenever we have that chocolate chip pudding cookies craving!
- Bulk – Put dough in an airtight container and freeze. To bake, thaw dough and drop by spoon fulls on cookie sheet and bake.
- Individual balls – Drop cookie dough into balls on a cookie sheet and freeze. When completely frozen, transfer to a freezer bag. Remove as many cookies as desired and thaw before baking, or bake from frozen.
This recipe makes A LOT of cookies, so freezing the dough is a great option.
Can Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies Be Stored At Room Temperature?
Pudding cookies are made with the pudding powder, and no milk so it is safe to store them at room temperature. Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies will keep for 3-4 days at room temperature in an airtight container.
Can You Freeze Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies?
You can also freeze the baked cookies. Allow the cookies to cool completely, and then store them in an airtight container. They will be good for up to 3 months. When you are ready to eat them, pull them out of the freezer and allow them to come to room temperature. You can also zap them in the microwave for like 20 seconds.
How Do You Soften Cookies?
It is pretty frustrating when you spend time making the perfect chocolate chip pudding cookies and then when you go to eat them a few hours later, they have become dry and hard. It is quite easy to soften them. Place your cookies in an airtight container with a slice of bread. They will soften right up in no time without altering the taste.
There are few things better in life then freshly baked, warm chocolate chip pudding cookies. Right? They are just heaven! Dip them in a glass of cold milk and life is SO GOOD!
More COOKIE RECIPES You’re Going to Love:
- Chocolate Reese’s Pieces Cookies
- NY Times BEST Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- Cinnamon Roll Cookies
- Soft Gingerbread Cookies
- Glazed Lemon Cookies
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Million Dollar Cookies
- White Chocolate Molasses Cookies
- Nutella and Dulce de Leche Stuffed Cookies
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Lemon Drop Cookies
Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies
Pizza Factory Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies
- 2 Cups Butter 4 sticks
- 4 Eggs
- 1 ½ Cups Granulated Sugar
- 2 Cups Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- ½ teaspoon Almond Extract
- 5-5 ½ Cups Flour
- 2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Large Box 5.1 French Vanilla Pudding
- 3 Cups Chocolate Chips
- Combine butter, eggs, sugars, vanilla, and almond extract in large bowl until evenly mixed.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, salt, baking soda, and vanilla pudding.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into the large bowl of wet ingredients.
- Once ingredients are combined slowly mix in chocolate chips.
- Place on greased cooking sheet.
- Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO our FREE Oh Sweet Basil NEWSLETTER AND RECEIVE EASY RECIPES DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY DAY!
When you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #ohsweetbasil on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured in our stories! FOLLOW OH, SWEET BASIL ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF OUR LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND STORIES.