Have you heard of the Pillsbury Bake Off? I really need to think up something wonderful and enter someday. I heard about these, Double-Delight Peanut Butter cookies that won the million dollars and I couldn’t believe it. Really, million dollar peanut butter cookies? I mean, I love me some peanut butter, but a million dollars for it? I mean first of all, why the heck didn’t I think of that!! and second, really? I can’t believe it won a million stinking dollars! But, then I tried them…
I pretty much love these cookies! Really, they are delicious. I had them months ago and we tried them with and without chocolate. The hubby says they are delicious both ways so it just depends on if you want chocolate or not. This is doing things my own way, but it’s mostly because I prefer homemade dough vs store bought so you decide if you would rather just buy the dough. I also didn’t add the peanuts because I didn’t have any.
I really thought these would probably be alright, but nothing spectacular, but I could have eaten the whole batch. LOVE THEM!!
Click Here for the original recipe
How Long Will Peanut Butter Keep?
An open jar of peanut butter will stay fresh for 3 or more months in the pantry.
After that, it can be kept in the refrigerator for another 3-4 months.
How Do You Soften Hard Cookies?
The easiest way to soften cookies that have gone hard is to place them in an airtight container or a zip lock bag.
Put one slice of fresh bread in the container with the cookies.
The bread will moisten and soften the cookies.
Can You Use Salted Butter Instead of Unsalted?
You can substitute salted butter if you don’t have unsalted butter.
You may want to add less salt or even leave the added salt out of the recipe.
More COOKIE RECIPES You’re Going to Love:
- Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies
- Chocolate Reese’s Pieces Cookies
- NY Times BEST Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Cinnamon Roll Cookies
- Soft Gingerbread Cookies
- Thick Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Glazed Lemon Cookies
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- White Chocolate Molasses Cookies
- Nutella and Dulce de Leche Stuffed Cookies
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Lemon Drop Cookies
- Best Cut Out Sugar Cookies
- Copycat Swig Sugar Cookies
- Cowboy Cookies
- Oatmeal Raisin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- All our COOKIE RECIPES here!
Million Dollar Peanut Butter Cookies
Million Dollar Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1/2 Cup Smooth Peanut Butter , Jif is best
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter, Softened
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 3/4 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup JIF Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
- In a small bowl, stir together the 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon.
- In a large mixing bowl cream together the butter, peanut butter and sugars.
- Add egg and vanilla and mix on low until combined.
- In a separate bowl combine dry ingredients and slowly add to the large mixing bowl.
- Continue to mix until just combined.
- In another small bowl, stir peanut butter and powdered sugar until completely blended.
- Shape mixture into 24 balls, about 1 inch each.
- Flatten about 1 tablespoon of dough in your hand and place a peanut butter ball in the middle.
- Wrap the dough around the ball and roll in cinnamon sugar.
- Place on baking sheet and bake at 375 for 8 min.
- When they are done you can quickly top with chocolate chips if you so desire.
Brown Butter Sea Salt Chocolate Chip Cookies stuffed with Nutella and Dulce de Leche
Best Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
These are by far the best peanut butter cookies I’ve ever eaten. In fact, they are probably in my top two or three favorite cookies of all time. I haven’t tried them with chocolate chips, as I didn’t want to take away from the peanut butter flavor.
Thank you so much Tami! I love these too! I appreciate you taking time to leave a comment!
Do these freeze well?
Yes! They freeze great! Just make sure they are completely cool first and stored in an airtight container!
I have made these cookies dozens of time using the original Pillsbury Bake-Off recipe. Everyone loved them but I always felt they could be better without the refrigerated cookie dough. I am so glad I found your recipe. Your from-scratch cookie base transformed this recipe. The taste is sooo much better and the dough is easier to handle. Never going back to the old recipe.
Oh good, I’m so glad that you found it too! YAY!
confused about the 2nd 1/4 cup of sugar and where the cinnamon come into play?
the 1/4 cup of sugar is mixed with the cinnamon and the dough is rolled in that mixture.
These are seriously the BEST peanut butter cookies I have ever eaten in my life. I only omitted adding the chocolate chips after baking. Everything else I left as written and they turned out fantastic!
YES!! I love to hear that! And now I’ll be craving pb cookies all weekend, haha
jared and megan
next time just use crunchy peanut butter…or do they say specificallly not to do that?
Red Couch Recipes
I remember seeing these and thinking so THAT'S what won a cool million. The only contact I've ever had from a contest is to ask me if I had made a mistake in the directions! LOL! They DO look yummy! Joni
I'm so going to try these! We love peanut butter cookies and I love baking from scratch. It's amazing to me that someone could win a million dollars using store-bought cookie dough – I mean, seriously…