We aren’t really sugar cookie people at our house so when it’s time to bust out cookies we tend to go with chocolate chip, but my true love is peanut butter and chocolate. This old recipe is being brought back up to the frost so you all can make delicious peanut butter chocolate chip m&m cookies and I promise it will be the best cookie you have all week (unless you eat any of our other cookies too in which case those are also the bomb diggity) But first, peanut butter chocolate chip m&m cookies.
I have tested this particular recipe half a gazillion times, and I truly believe this is the best peanut butter chocolate chip cookie around and it’s even better with m&ms. In these updated photos I used mini m&ms because I love that you get little nibbles of m&ms, but if you scroll down you’ll see the regular m&ms too.
The only thing you need to be aware of is that the more candy you add and the bigger they are the less cookie dough there is to create a yummy cookie.
Do Peanut Butter Cookies Need to Be Refrigerated?
Peanut butter cookies do not need to be kept in the refrigerator.
To prevent peanut butter cookies from becoming stale, cover them with plastic wrap or keep in an airtight container.
Can You Freeze Peanut Butter Cookie Dough?
To freeze, roll into a log, and tightly wrap in plastic wrap, then into freezer bags.
Freeze for up to 3 months, then let it thaw in the refrigerator for an hour or two before rolling into balls or slicing and baking.
Or, you can roll into balls and place on a cookie sheet to freeze.
Once frozen, place in a freezer bag and store in the freezer until you are ready to bake them.
Can You Keep Chocolate Chips in the Freezer?
Semi Sweet Chocolate chips will maintain best quality for about 2 years in the freezer.
Milk chocolate chips will keep for 1 year.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip M&M cookies
Recipe By Me
- 1/2 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter (JIF is best)
- 1/2 Cup Butter, Softened (just let it sit on the counter for a bit, do NOT microwave)
- 1/2 Cup White Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Whole Milk
- 1 Large Egg
- 3/4 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/4 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips (Milk or semi is fine)
- 1/2 Cup Milk Chocolate M&M's
- Heat the oven to 350.
- In a large bowl combine the sugars, peanut butter, egg, milk and vanilla.
- Mix until smooth and well incorporated.
- In a smaller bowl mix the dry ingredients with a whisk. This will allow even distribution in the cookies so they bake up perfect.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix together. Do not over mix.
- Using a wooden spoon, mix in the chocolate chips and M&M's.
- Scoop onto a baking sheet and bake at 350 for 9-11 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for a minute before moving them to a cooling rack.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 3971 Saturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 461.9mg Sodium: 0mg Carbohydrates: 471.4g Fiber: 16.6g Sugar: 321.3g Protein: 62.1g