Everything delicious is loaded into these peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip cookies with m&m’s! We have even updated this recipe to include oatmeal now, so it just got even better!
We aren’t really sugar cookie people at our house so when it’s time to bust out cookies we tend to go with chocolate chip, but my true love is peanut butter and chocolate. This old recipe is being brought back up to the front so you all can make delicious peanut butter chocolate chip m&m cookies and I promise it will be the best cookie you have all week (unless you eat any of our other cookies too in which case those are also the bomb diggity). But first, peanut butter chocolate chip m&m cookies.
I have tested this particular recipe half a gazillion times, and I truly believe this is the best peanut butter chocolate chip cookie around and it’s even better with m&m’s. I love using mini m&m’s because I love that you get little nibbles of m&m’s in every bite.
Do Peanut Butter Cookies Need to Be Refrigerated?
Peanut butter cookies do not need to be kept in the refrigerator.
To prevent peanut butter cookies from becoming stale, cover them with plastic wrap or keep in an airtight container.
Can You Freeze Peanut Butter Cookie Dough?
To freeze, roll into a log, and tightly wrap in plastic wrap, then into freezer bags.
Freeze for up to 3 months, then let it thaw in the refrigerator for an hour or two before rolling into balls or slicing and baking.
Or, you can roll into balls and place on a cookie sheet to freeze.
Once frozen, place in a freezer bag and store in the freezer until you are ready to bake them.
Can You Keep Chocolate Chips in the Freezer?
Semi Sweet Chocolate chips will maintain best quality for about 2 years in the freezer.
Milk chocolate chips will keep for 1 year.
The only thing you need to be aware of is that the more candy you add and the bigger they are the less cookie dough there is to create a yummy cookie.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip M&M Cookies
- 2 Cups Peanut Butter, creamy, JIF is best
- 1 1/2 Cup Light Brown Sugar, packed
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla
- 4 Eggs, large
- 1 1/4 Cups Old Fashioned Oats
- 1/4 Cup Quick Oats
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup Mini M&M's
- 1 Cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- Add the creamy peanut butter, light brown sugar, and sugar to a mixer and beat until smooth.2 Cups Peanut Butter, 1 1/2 Cup Light Brown Sugar, 1/4 Cup Sugar
- Add the vanilla and eggs and beat until smooth.2 teaspoons Vanilla, 4 Eggs
- Pour in both kinds of oats, baking soda and salt and mix well until combined.1 1/4 Cups Old Fashioned Oats, 1/4 Cup Quick Oats, 1 teaspoon Baking Soda, 1 teaspoon Salt
- Stir in the mini M&Ms and mini chocolate chips and mix well with a wooden spoon.1 Cup Mini M&M's, 1 Cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and scoop the dough into balls on the cookie sheet. This is only for refrigeration so they can be close together. Cover the baking sheet with with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Once the dough is chilled, preheat the oven to 350°F and line another baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Transfer the cookie dough, 2 per row to the baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Allow to cool completely before removing to a plate.