I think I may love these peanut butter, chocolate chip, Reese’s peanut butter cup cookies. I’m a huge peanut butter fan and what better way to enjoy it than with chocolate in a cookie form?! The cookies are tender and not too overpowering with the peanut butter. I adore the little nuggets of peanut butter cups. In fact, by my second cookie I was looking over the whole batch to find the one with the most pb cups in it.
We still have loads of candy leftover from Easter and it’s terribly hard to get through considering that we aren’t eating a lot of treats these days. I have to find ways to use it in baking or else I’m doomed to never be rid of it. I played around with Milky Way Candy Bars last night, but I didn’t like how much they melted down. I’ll have to try, try again. I was using them in brownies, and I’m still convinced we can figure it out, I’ll just have to see what I can do, ohhhh maybe freeze them first? Ok, that may work. I’ll keep ya posted.
In the meantime, you should probably go look through your Easter candy or run to the store to buy peanut butter cups because I am just positive that these will be your kids’ next favorite cookie. Forget Chocolate Chip! It’s all about the peanut butter cup!
Can You Freeze Cookie Dough?
Cookie dough can be frozen for up to 3 months.
You can freeze cookie dough in an airtight container, thaw and bake as usual.
Another way to freeze cookie dough is to drop the cookie dough by spoonfuls on a baking sheet.
Freeze, and then transfer to a heavy duty freezer bag.
This method allows you to remove as many cookies as you desire and bake them.
A third way to freeze cookie dough is to roll the dough in a log and wrap well in plastic wrap.
Freeze the log until you are ready to bake the cookies.
You can slice off cookie sized slices of the frozen dough, or let the whole log thaw and bake the cookies.
How Long Will Chocolate Chip Cookies Keep?
Properly stored, fresh baked chocolate chip cookies will last 2-3 weeks at room temperature.
They should be kept in an airtight container or an airtight storage bag.
How Long Will Baked Cookies Last In The Freezer?
Cookies should be frozen on a cookie sheet, in a single layer.
Once they are frozen, transfer to a heavy duty freezer bag.
Cookies will last up to 3 months in the freezer.
Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
Our new book is now available!
This unique cookbook guides the way through every step, including meal lists and easy-to-follow recipes, and features dollops of heartwarming family stories.
Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
- 1/2 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter JIF is best
- 1/2 Cup Butter Softened (just let it sit on the counter for a bit, do NOT microwave)
- 1/2 Cup White Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Whole Milk
- 1 Egg Large
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/4 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 Cup Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 Cup Peanut Butter Cups chopped
- Heat the oven to 350.
- In a large bowl combine the butter, sugars, peanut butter, egg, milk and vanilla.
- Mix until smooth and well incorporated.
- In a smaller bowl mix the dry ingredients with a whisk. This will allow even distribution in the cookies so they bake up perfect.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix together. Do not over mix.
- Using a wooden spoon, mix in the chocolate chips and Peanut Butter Cups.
- Scoop onto a baking sheet and bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for a minute before moving them to a cooling rack.