Chocolate peanut butter chip cookies are the impeccable combination of two of the world’s best foods (imho)! These cookies are thick, chewy and irresistible!
It’s time for chocolate and peanut butter to dance again! One of my favorite dessert combinations ever. It’s sweet, it’s salty, it’s perfection every time!
Have you tried our peanut butter blossoms? It’s pretty much these cookies but in reverse. Sometimes two things just belong together, like Cade and I! He’s the chocolate to my peanut butter! And speaking of pb and chocolate, our peanut butter bars are a MUST!
Ok, I’m getting all distracted! Back to these cookies…they are tender and so chocolatey! With those little morsels of peanut butter loaded inside, these cookies are absolute bliss.
What Ingredients Do I Need for Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies?
This recipe is going to look very familiar. It’s the same as our chocolate chip chocolate cookies just with peanut butter chips instead. I would say the only ingredient that might be unexpected is the Devil’s Food Pudding which I’ve written a whole section about below. Here is what you will need:
- Brown Sugar
- Baking Soda
- Devil’s Food Pudding (see section below)
- Peanut Butter Chips (3 10oz bags)
Head down to the recipe card below for all the exact measurements.
How to Make Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies
These cookies are standard operating procedure for cookie making:
- Combine the wet ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients (including the dry pudding powder).
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix just enough to combine them.
- Fold in the peanut butter chips.
- Scoop large balls of dough onto greased cookie sheet.
The detailed instructions for making these cookies can be found below in the recipe card.
Where Can I Find Devil’s Food Pudding?
I buy pudding at Walmart. Walmart actually excels at Jello pudding. They have so many flavors that I usually can’t find anywhere else (except the all-wise Amazon). Occasionally, I can’t find the Devil’s Food Jello pudding flavor, so I’ll grab chocolate fudge or just plain ol’ chocolate. Just be sure to not get sugar free.
You can also use a combination of chocolate puddings. You’ll need two of the small boxes of pudding, and you will use one whole box and just part of the second box. Use a kitchen scale to measure exactly 5.1 ounces.
Why Use Pudding in Cookies?
Pudding makes the most soft and moist cookies, not to mention the delicious chocolate flavor. Trust me, you’ll want to put pudding in all your cookies from now on!
Can These Cookies Be Made Ahead of Time?
These are a great make ahead cookie! Scoop the dough onto a cookie sheet and then cover the cookie sheet with plastic wrap. Store them in the refrigerator until you’re ready to bake them the next day. When you are ready to bake them, let them sit on the counter for 15-30 minutes to come to room temperature.
How Do You Store Cookies?
Let cookies cool completely and then store in an airtight container at room temperature.
How Long Will Cookie Dough Keep In The Freezer?
Cookie dough will keep for 3 months in the freezer.
Can You Freeze Cookie Dough?
The best way to freeze cookie dough is to scoop the cookie dough into balls and drop on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
Freeze for 2 hours and then transfer the frozen dough to freezer bags. When you’re ready to eat them, let them sit out on the counter for 30 minutes and then bake as written in the instructions.
You’re due. I know you are. We all are. For a rich and chocolatey peanut butter treat. Just let those perfect flavors dance all over in your mouth and bring a smile to your face. Chocolate peanut butter chip cookies are calling you!
More Insanely Delicious Peanut Butter and Chocolate Combos:
- Peanut Butter Cheesecake Dip
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Marshmallow Cookie Pie
- Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Blondies
- Peanut Butter Nutella Cheesecake
- Fudgy Peanut Butter Brownie Cake
- Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake
- Peanut Butter Caramel Brownies
- Mini Peanut Butter Cheesecakes
- Peanut Butter Mississippi Mud Brownies
Our new book is now available!
This unique cookbook guides the way through every step, including meal lists and easy-to-follow recipes, and features dollops of heartwarming family stories.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies
- 2 Cups Butter Unsalted and softened (4 sticks)
- 4 Eggs large
- 1 1/2 Cups Sugar
- 2 Cups Brown Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla
- 5 Cups Flour
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- 2 teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1/2 Cup Cocoa
- 1 Box Pudding 5.1 oz. (large) instant Devil’s Food *see note
- 3 Cups Peanut Butter Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine butter, eggs, sugars, vanilla in large bowl until evenly mixed
- In a separate bowl combine flour, salt, baking soda, cocoa and pudding
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into the large bowl of wet ingredients.
- Once ingredients are combined slowly mix in chocolate chips.Scoop into 1/4 cup balls or smaller if you prefer and roll into balls to get the shiny coating.
- Place on greased cooking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO our FREE Oh Sweet Basil NEWSLETTER AND RECEIVE EASY RECIPES DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY DAY!
When you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #ohsweetbasil on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured in our stories! FOLLOW OH, SWEET BASIL ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF OUR LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND STORIES.