Our daughter had the weirdest dreams last month and I totally spaced it until last night when another happened. Which means that this will not only be a post about the love of my life, Reese’s Pieces Chocolate Cookies (but really, I’m obsessed with these) but it’s also going to be about sleep.
Or the lack there of since becoming a mom I seem to sleep so light I can hear a bug sneeze.
And sleep walking. I haven’t done it, but our oldest daughter went through a creepy night terrors phase. Just wait until you’re out cold and then suddenly she’s standing by your bedside sound asleep and yet staring at you. HOLY CRAP.
And of course the nightmares. I’m going to give you a quick run down in no particular order and then I want you to leave a comment with a weird dream your kid had and I’ll randomly pick a winner for a $25 Amazon gift card. Ready? She has dreamed,
A dog was trying to sit on her lap.
Her toes were hurting because they were stuck in a sock. Which they weren’t, she was barefoot.
Soap bubbles were trying to get her from the sink.
It was dark.
A witch was outside (note to self, Halloween costumes at school can be creepy)
Yup. The soap bubbles one was definitely the weirdest. Now let’s hear yours!
Are Reese’s Pieces Gluten Free?
Reese’s pieces are included on Hershey’s gluten-free list.
But Reese’s Pieces Peanut Butter Cups in Holiday Shapes are NOT included in the gluten free list.
How Do You Keep Cookies Soft?
To keep homemade cookies soft, let them cool completely before storing them.
Put the cooled cookies in an air-tight container for storage.
How Long Will Cookies Keep?
Properly stored, freshly baked cookies will last for about 2 to 3 weeks at normal room temperature.
More COOKIE RECIPES You’re Going to Love:
- Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies
- NY Times BEST Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- Cinnamon Roll Cookies
- Soft Gingerbread Cookies
- Glazed Lemon Cookies
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Million Dollar Cookies
- White Chocolate Molasses Cookies
- Nutella and Dulce de Leche Stuffed Cookies
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Lemon Drop Cookies
- Best Cut Out Sugar Cookies
- Copycat Swig Sugar Cookies
- Cowboy Cookies
- Oatmeal Raisin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- All our COOKIE RECIPES here!
Reese’s Pieces Chocolate Cookies
Preorder our new book!
This unique cookbook guides the way through every step, including meal lists and easy-to-follow recipes, and features dollops of heartwarming family stories.
Reese's Pieces Chocolate Cookies
- 3/4 Cup butter softened
- 1/4 Cup white sugar
- 1/2 Cup brown sugar
- 1 Large egg
- 3/4 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Cup all purpose flour like Gold Medal
- 1/4 Cup cocoa
- 3 Tablespoons instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 3/4 Teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 Cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 Cups peanut Reese's Pieces
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silpats.
- In a bowl of a standing mixer, cream the butter until smooth.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the sugars, beating for 30 seconds or until smooth (this could take up to 60 seconds).
- Add the egg, and vanilla and beat again until smooth.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa, pudding, salt, and baking soda.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined then add theReese's Pieces and fold in.
- Using a cookie scoop to make the perfect ball, scoop the cookies onto the baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes and allow to cool for 3 minutes then remove to a cooling rack and repeat with remaining dough.