Hey Hey!!! My name is Tiffany and I blog over at Creme de la Crumb. I’m here to share one awesome recipe with you. If you’re a pepperoni pizza fan, you’re gonna love these pinwheels! So easy to make and 100% delicious to eat.
I’m a sucker for pizza and anything dippable so turning pepperoni pizza into a dipping appetizer is my dream come true! These cutie pinwheels start out with refrigerated crescent dough so you don’t even have to break out your stand mixer for this recipe – win. All you need is the dough and just three other simple ingredients to whip these babies up. Do it pronto – you won’t regret it!!
What is Pepperoni?
Pepperoni is an American version of salami.
It is made from beef and pork sausage seasoned with pepper.
Does Pepperoni Need to be Refrigerated?
Pepperoni can be stored up to 6 weeks in the pantry.
If stored in the refrigerator, pepperoni will last indefinitely.
What Sauce do you Use for Pizza?
Pizza sauce is usually canned tomato, with a touch of basil oregano salt and sometimes garlic.
These are the same ingredients used to make spaghetti sauce, so spaghetti sauce could be used for pizza.
Pepperoni Pizza Pinwheels
- 1 tube chilled crescent roll dough (like Pillsbury or similar)
- 2 cups shredded Italian style cheese (mozzarella, cheddar, parmesan, etc)
- 1/3 cup pepperoni slices
- 1 cup favorite marinara/pizza sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Unroll crescent dough and keep triangles in pairs of two.
- Press middle together between each pair of triangles to make a rectangle.
- Sprinkle cheese over each rectangle, then place pepperonis (to taste) on top of cheese (I covered all of the cheese with pepperoni slices).
- Roll the dough gently but tightly starting with a longer end and rolling toward the opposite long end.
- Pinch seams together to close the roll.
- Use a pizza cutter or other sharp knife to cut each roll into 5-6 sections, then place each piece spiral-side-up/down on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until golden.
- Serve with favorite marinara/pizza sauce for dipping.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 508 Saturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 78.6mg Sodium: 0mg Carbohydrates: 34.2g Fiber: 2.7g Sugar: 4.3g Protein: 23.8g