Our Favorite Game Day Appetizer
This pepperoni pizza dip recipe comes from Amy, an old friend who is one of the easiest people to get along with and talk to and who happens to be quite the sports fan. I certainly can’t keep up with her. Years ago she brought this delicious pizza dip to a Super Bowl party and it became a fast favorite.
I probably shouldn’t even be posting this pepperoni dip recipe since I can feel everyone’s thighs growing larger by the moment (mine included), but isn’t pizza and dip what the Super Bowl is all about? So what better way to celebrate than to combine the two?!
We prefer to eat our pizza dip with Stacy’s Pita Chips, but you can certainly make your own. I guess I just feel like Stacy’s does such a great job, so why worry about one more thing to bake. Right? I’m sure you are going to love the gooey, creamy, cheesy dip with the crisp pieces of pepperoni all over the top. In fact, I’m sure it will become a favorite dip for you and your family.
Pepperoni Pizza Dip Ingredients
This easy pizza dip recipe is made with pantry staples, including lots of cheese, of course! Here’s what we used in this game day appetizer:
- Cream cheese
- Sour cream
- Garlic powder
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Pizza sauce (from tomato paste!)
- Mozzarella cheese
- Italian seasoning
How to Make Pizza Dip
Homemade pizza dip takes just 5 minutes to prep before popping it into the oven! Here’s how we make this pepperoni dip:
- Beat the cream cheese until soft.
- Stir in the garlic powder, salt, Parmesan, and sour cream.
- Turn the mixture into an 8×8-inch baking dish.
- Spread pizza sauce over top.
- Sprinkle with Italian seasoning, additional Parmesan, and chopped pepperoni.
- Bake until bubbly (about 30 minutes).
What Type of Pepperoni Should I Use?
You can use any pepperoni you’d like in this pizza dip recipe. Turkey, low-fat, sweet, spicy, mini, regular-sized — use whatever kind your family enjoys most.
Can I Omit the Pepperoni?
If you’d like to make this pizza dip recipe vegetarian, you’re welcome to omit the pepperoni. And if there’s a vegetarian alternative you’ve tried and love, please leave us a comment below so we can try it ourselves!
Tips for Making Pepperoni Pizza Dip
Pepperoni pizza dip can be assembled up to a day in advance and baked off just before guests arrive. This is the perfect game day appetizer since it allows you to be fully present when guests are over!
For the best flavor, I recommend using freshly grated Parmesan cheese and not the kind that comes in a shaker can. The fresh stuff melts better and has more flavor.
Also note that you need to use brick-style cream cheese and not the type that comes in a tub. The cream cheese in a brick is richer and creamier and makes for a hearty dip.
More DELICIOUS DIPS You Can’t Resist:
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Dip
- Gingerbread Cookie Dip
- Peanut Butter Cheesecake Dip
- Banana Cream Pie Dip
- Blueberry Fluff Fruit Dip
- Peanut Butter Greek Yogurt Dip
- Strawberry Fluff Fruit Dip
- Brownie Batter Dip
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Healthy Herb Veggie Dip
- Chorizo Dip Queso Fundido
- Slow Cooker Cheesy Lobster Shrimp and Crab Dip
- Mexican 7 Layer Dip
- Cheesy Slow Cooker Sausage Dip
- Bacon Ranch Corn Dip
- All our DIP RECIPES!!
Pepperoni Pizza Dip
Preorder our new book!
This unique cookbook guides the way through every step, including meal lists and easy-to-follow recipes, and features dollops of heartwarming family stories.
Pepperoni Pizza Dip
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese , softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 cup fresh parmesan cheese grated, plus 1 tablespoon more for the top
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese grated
- 3.5 oz package pepperoni , chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- pita chips , for serving
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until soft and creamy.
- Add the sour cream, garlic powder, salt, and parmesan cheese.
- Stir everything together and place in an 8x8-inch baking dish.
- Spread the pizza sauce over the top and sprinkle with the mozzarella cheese.
- Cover the entire dip with the pepperoni and then lightly sprinkle with Italian seasoning and extra parmesan cheese over the top.
- Bake at 350ºF for 30 minutes, or until bubbly.
- Serve immediately with pita chips.