I’ve always said that I don’t eat fish, so clearly I’m here today to bring you a delicious Pesto Tilapia. And I’m serious, it’s delicious. But! I will deny it if you tell my husband. He will then think he has to make me eat even more seafood, and I still just can’t do it. I really do hate it. I wish I didn’t, and I am trying to like seafood, but so far this is the only fish recipe of my own to make it on the site.
In fact, I was kind of chuckling to myself the other day that I even have a seafood section on the site here. I mean, there’s like one recipe in there. You don’t have to be a genius to figure out my preferred tastes there do ya. And this all got me thinking, I love food, and people know that, but there’s a ton we don’t know about each other. SOOOOO, I think we should chat.
5 Things Posts and Comments-I’m Tagging All of You!
If you’re a blogger and want to join in the fun, just post 5 things we may not know about you and then include me in your tweet (@ohsweetbasil), or link up to me in your post. If you’re a reader I especially want to hear from you! Leave a comment telling me 5 things we may not know about you. (Bloggers, of course I’d love to have comments from you as well!)
5 Things You May Not Know About Me
- I hate being called, Carr. I’ll probably never admit it to your face because I hate that it makes people feel bad, but I cringe when people call me that.
- I played the flute and piccolo from ages 10-19, and then I stopped and I haven’t played since. It’s one of my biggest regrets ever. I wish I’d gone ahead and studied music in school like I had always planned until my senior year of high school
- I have a fear of falling and knocking my teeth out. True story. I pinch my mouth closed when walking down stairs etc as if it’s actually going to protect them or something.
- I worked on a proposal for the World Health Organization for Breast Feeding and it was accepted. This was concerning the under 5 mortality rate, helping to teach women to breastfeed, teach others to breastfeed, and keep a working system in place where women in the village meet together often and help other women succeed in caring for their infants.
- I sleep on the right side of my bed, always have and always will. My husband thinks it’s ridiculous that I can’t sleep on the left side, but it’s fact, I can’t.
Is Tilapia Good For You?
Tilapia is probably not as heart-healthy as fatty fish like salmon because of its low omega-3 levels.
But, Tilapia is a very good source of protein.
A 3.5 ounces serving of tilapia has 26 grams of protein and only 128 calories.
Tilapia is also rich in niacin, vitamin B12, phosphorus, selenium and potassium.
What Is Pesto?
Pesto is a sauce made of crushed basil leaves, pine nuts, garlic, Parmesan cheese, and olive oil.
It is served with pasta or as a dip or sauce.
How Long Will Pesto Keep?
Homemade pesto will keep for up to 7 days in the refrigerator.
Pesto can also be frozen for up to 4 months.
Lean Pesto Tilapia
Lean Pesto Tilapia
- 2 Tilapia Filets, we use frozen from Costco
- 1/2 Cup Prepared Pesto
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Drizzle the pesto evenly over each filet of fish.
- Place in a lightly greased baking dish and bake for 25-35 minutes.
- Serve over rice or garlic quinoa.