Lean Pesto Tilapia
I’ve always said that I don’t eat fish, so clearly I’m here today to bring you a delicious Pesto Tilapia. And I’m serious, it’s delicious. But! I will deny it if you tell my husband. He will then think he has to make me eat even more seafood, and I still just can’t do it. I really do hate it. I wish I didn’t, and I am trying to like seafood, but so far this is the only fish recipe of my own to make it on the site.
In fact, I was kind of chuckling to myself the other day that I even have a seafood section on the site here. I mean, there’s like one recipe in there. You don’t have to be a genius to figure out my preferred tastes there do ya. And this all got me thinking, I love food, and people know that, but there’s a ton we don’t know about each other. SOOOOO, I think we should chat.
5 Things Posts and Comments-I’m Tagging All of You!
If you’re a blogger and want to join in the fun, just post 5 things we may not know about you and then include me in your tweet (@ohsweetbasil), or link up to me in your post. If you’re a reader I especially want to hear from you! Leave a comment telling me 5 things we may not know about you. (Bloggers, of course I’d love to have comments from you as well!)
5 Things You May Not Know About Me
- I hate being called, Carr. I’ll probably never admit it to your face because I hate that it makes people feel bad, but I cringe when people call me that.
- I played the flute and piccolo from ages 10-19, and then I stopped and I haven’t played since. It’s one of my biggest regrets ever. I wish I’d gone ahead and studied music in school like I had always planned until my senior year of high school
- I have a fear of falling and knocking my teeth out. True story. I pinch my mouth closed when walking down stairs etc as if it’s actually going to protect them or something.
- I worked on a proposal for the World Health Organization for Breast Feeding and it was accepted. This was concerning the under 5 mortality rate, helping to teach women to breastfeed, teach others to breastfeed, and keep a working system in place where women in the village meet together often and help other women succeed in caring for their infants.
- I sleep on the right side of my bed, always have and always will. My husband thinks it’s ridiculous that I can’t sleep on the left side, but it’s fact, I can’t.
Lean Pesto Tilapia
- 2 Tilapia Filets (we use frozen from Costco)
- 1/2 Cup Prepared Pesto
Heat the oven to 400 degrees.
Drizzle the pesto evenly over each filet of fish. Place in a lightly greased baking dish and bake for 25-35 minutes. Serve over rice or garlic quinoa.
You can actually bake these filets frozen. No need to even let them defrost if you don’t have time, though you may want to add a few extra minutes onto the baking time.
Yield: 4 servings, Serving Size: 1
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 332 Calories
- Total Fat: 34g
- Cholesterol: 10.1mg
- Carbohydrates: 3.6g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Sugar: 0.6g
- Protein: 6.1g
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.