This post is done by Cassie, who was so so nice to do a little guest post, and provided this yummy Pumpkin Spiced and Iced Cookies recipe for me while I was sick.
So, I’m not a great cook. But I do love to bake, especially when it’s a good recipe. Since I love dessert, I’m always on the lookout for good sweets. And when there’s pumpkin involved, it’s even better. These seem to be perfect every time I make them- always soft and yummy, even if they spend just a little too much time in the oven.
Can You Freeze Butter Cream Frosting?
Butter cream frosting will freeze very well.
Store the frosting in an airtight container or even in a freezer bag.
Freeze for up to 3 months.
Can You Freeze Pumpkin Puree?
You can freeze pumpkin puree in freezer containers or in heavy duty freezer bags.
Pumpkin puree will keep for several months in the freezer.
Do Walnuts Provide Protein?
Walnuts are not only a source for protein, the also contain monounsaturated fats, and have high amounts of omega-3 fatty acid.
These fatty acids promote heart health.
Pumpkin Spiced and Iced Cookies
For the Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice (I didn't have any so I just put in a pinch of nutmeg and ginger, and two pinches of cinnamon)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) pure pumpkin
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups (12 ounce package) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional. I don't use them)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (I usually have to double this to get enough glaze for all my cookies)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Grease cookie sheets.
- Combine flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda and salt in medium bowl.
- Beat butter and granulated sugar in large mixer bowl until creamy.
- Beat in pumpkin, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, mix the vanilla glaze in a small bowl.
- While cookies are still warm, drizzle the glaze on the cookies. Then allow to cool.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 6613 Saturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 807.6mg Sodium: 0mg Carbohydrates: 807.6g Fiber: 48.2g Sugar: 522.7g Protein: 81.1g