Some things just belong together…like raspberries and summertime and raspberry pretzel jello salad and your next BBQ! Three layers of jello salad joy.
I’m realizing people have a bigger opinion on berries than I ever knew. Are you a lover of raspberries and hater of blueberries?
If you had to pick would you go strawberry or raspberry?
Our strawberry pretzel jello salad brought up so many requests for one vs the other and since I happen to love but tend to pull for team raspberry I really had no choice but to create a raspberry pretzel jello salad. I mean, it’s all in the name of research, am I right? 😉
Plus it tastes like cheesecake but you serve it as a side dish. Who in the world is the genius that brought this first to Thanksgiving dinner?
Ingredients Needed for Raspberry Pretzel Salad
Here is your grocery list for each of the three layers of this salad:
Pretzel Layer – pretzels, butter, brown sugar and sugar
Cream Layer – sugar, cream cheese, Cool Whip
Jello Layer – raspberry jello, water, raspberries (fresh or frozen)
The measurements for each ingredient can be found in the recipe card below.
How to Make Raspberry Pretzel Salad
The steps for making this recipe are simple. Here they are broken down by layer:
- Preheat oven.
- Combine all the ingredients well.
- Press into baking dish.
- Bake and let cool completely.
- Beat the sugar and cream cheese together.
- Fold in Cool Whip.
- Spread over cooled pretzel layer.
- Mix the jello powder and boiling water until the powder is dissolved.
- Stir in the strawberries.
- Put in fridge and let it cool.
- Pour over the cream layer.
- Refrigerate until firm (3-4 hours)
Tips for Making Raspberry Pretzel Salad
There are a few tips that make this salad turn out perfectly every time. Don’t miss these!
- Measure the 2 cups of pretzels whole before chopping them up.
- Chop the pretzels on a cutting board with a sharp knife.
- Spread the cream layer all the way to the sides of the pan so it seals the crust and protects it from the jello layer.
- Dissolve the jello as the directions state for this recipe. Don’t follow the directions on the box of jello.
- Make sure the cream cheese is at room temperature. That will help the cream layer be smooth.
- Cooling the jello in the fridge will bring the temperature down. Putting hot liquid on the cream layer will crack that layer and ruin the salad.
Are Raspberries Good For You?
Raspberries are low in calories and high in fiber, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
Can I Use Frozen Raspberries?
Yes, but I would always recommend fresh! If you can’t get fresh or they are just too darn expensive, grab a bag of frozen and let them thaw in the fridge. Drain them thoroughly. You don’t want to introduce extra liquid to the jello layer.
How Long Will Jello Salad Keep?
Jello salad will keep for 5-7 days in the refrigerator. Cover well before storing Jello salad.
Can You Make Jello Salad Ahead?
Jello Salad can be made 2-3 days in advance. Cover the salad and store it in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
What to Eat with Jello Salad?
For some reason, I always think of jello salad as being a side for a summer BBQ, but it can totally be made all year round. Here are few ideas for main dishes (BBQ and non BBQ):
It goes great with just about any main dish!
Team raspberry? Team strawberry? It actually doesn’t matter at all! They are all so dang good, and fresh berries means summer which I’m totally craving right now as I write this post on a freezing cold February day! Make raspberry jello pretzel salad as a side dish for your next shindig!!
More Jello Recipes You’ll Love:
- Lemon Jello Cake
- Strawberry Pretzel Jello Salad
- Lemon Jello Peach Pie
- Strawberry Jello Cake
- Raspberry Jello Fluff
- Lemon Mandarin Orange Jello Salad
- Pineapple Crush Jello Cake
- Raspberry Jello Salad
Our new book is now available!
This unique cookbook guides the way through every step, including meal lists and easy-to-follow recipes, and features dollops of heartwarming family stories.
Raspberry Pretzel Jello Salad
- 2 Cups Pretzels broken into pieces
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese
- 8 oz. Cool Whip
- 1 Box Jello 6 oz., Raspberry
- 2 Cups Water boiling
- 4 Cups Raspberries fresh or frozen
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine pretzels, melted butter, brown sugar and sugar, stirring well until combined.
- Press into a 9x13” baking dish
- Bake for 6-7 minutes and then cool completely.
- Beat the 1 cup sugar with the cream cheese until smooth. Fold in the cool whip.
- Gently spread over the the pretzels, pressing the cream cheese totally against the sides of the pan to seal the crust so the Jello won’t leak.
- Mix Jello and boiling water until all sugar is dissolved. Stir in the berries.
- Place in the fridge to cool for 15 minutes.
- Pour over the cream cheese and refrigerate until firm, about 3-4 hours.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO our FREE Oh Sweet Basil NEWSLETTER AND RECEIVE EASY RECIPES DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY DAY!
When you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #ohsweetbasil on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured in our stories! FOLLOW OH, SWEET BASIL ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF OUR LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND STORIES.