When I made the mudslide blondies I had a moment of inspiration and tossed some rolos into the pan. As I popped them into the oven I immediately regretted it. What was I thinking? Rolo blondies? They were going to be way too sweet!
And I bet you can guess which side of the pan ended up being my favorite. Yup, the rolo blondies. Are they sweet? Well, yes but it’s dessert, so that’s expected. The caramel was awesome though! It really did end up making the brownies or blondies if you will, even better.
We sat around all evening playing the 100 game and chowing on brownies. Cade and the girls chose to eat their’s warm with ice cream, but I was taking it easy since I had already eaten a pound of the dang things on their own. And before I forget, have you played the 100 game? I have no clue what it’s real name is, but Jamie our friend’s sister taught us and we’ve been sold ever since. Grab your di, and give everyone a piece of paper. Place a pen in the middle of the table and choose a number, 1-6. Now everyone takes a turn rolling the di and if you get the number (let’s say it’s 2) you start writing 1-100 on your paper as everyone continues rolling. Whoever gets 2 next steals the pen from you and starts writing. It’s nuts! It’s such a simple game but you’ll find yourself flinging your entire body across the table just so you can snag that dang pen and finish writing. IT’S SO FUN!!!!
What Are Blondies?
A blondie is a rich, sweet dessert bar.
It resembles a chocolate brownie, but substitutes vanilla for the cocoa, and usually contains brown sugar.
How Long Will Blondies Keep?
Store blondies, tightly wrapped or in an airtight container for 3 days at room temperature.
Blondies will keep for 1 week in the refrigerator or up to 3 months in the freezer.
How Do You Know When Blondies Are Done?
You can tell if blondies are done when they start to pull away from the pan and turn a rich golden shade.
To test them, stick a fork in the center and and see if it comes out clean.
- 1 Cup Unsalted Butter, melted and cooled
- 1 1/2 Cup brown sugar
- 1/2 Cup White sugar
- 2 Large eggs, lightly whisked
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Package Chocolate Chips (semi sweet works well with the hershey’s bars)
- 1 Package Rolos
- Grease a 9×13″ Baking pan
- Mix melted butter with brown sugar and white sugar until smooth.
- Beat in eggs and then vanilla.
- Add salt and flour in a small bowl.
- Add to the wet mixture and then add chocolate chips.
- Pour half of the batter into prepared pan and lay the unwrapped rolos on top.
- Flatten pieces of the dough in your hand and place on top of the chocolate until the entire pan is covered.
- Bake at 350°F 20-25 minutes, or until set in the middle, tenting with foil the last 10 minutes.
Yield: 12-16, Serving Size: 1
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 328 Calories
- Total Fat: 16.2g
- Cholesterol: 56.2mg
- Carbohydrates: 43.2g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Sugar: 30.2g
- Protein: 3.4g
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.