Peanut butter blondies that are loaded with Reese’s pieces, peanut butter chips, chocolate chips and Oreos. Yes, you read that correctly! These are fully loaded!
I have refused to post Halloween desserts for years. I am not creative, and I don’t do cute. And I mostly am not at all artistic. Halloween kinda needs all of that. But lately I’ve been all about the mixups of ingredients and I couldn’t help but wonder, could a cute Halloween treat be made just by throwing a lot of goodies into blonde brownies?
Ahhh but there’s the issue, blonde brownies are kind of the worst lately. I think there are far too many recipes out there and the majority are dry. I hate that! Sink-your-teeth-into-them blonde brownies is how they should be. So, until I’m ready to post our favorite blonde brownies I thought I’d start with a peanut butter version. It took many attempts, but these are the best blonde brownies I’ve had and bonus that they not only are peanut butter blonde brownies but they are loaded with Reese’s Pieces, peanut butter chips (my personal favorite part), chocolate chips and Oreos!
On top look for Halloween sprinkles that will pop. I went for a version with purple and green in them so that it was extra colorful and fun.
Ingredients for Peanut Butter Blondies
Here is your grocery shopping list for these peanut butter blonde brownies:
- Butter – the fat, creates the richness
- Brown Sugar – sweetens the blondies and adds texture
- White Sugar – sweetens the blondies and adds texture
- Peanut Butter – use full fat peanut butter like Skippy or Jif, not a natural version
- Eggs – binds everything so they can be cut into bars
- Vanilla – flavor
- Flour – holds everything together, provides structure
- Cornstarch – gives the blondies a crumbly tenderness
- Baking Powder – bring air into the batter making it fluffy
- Salt – enhances flavor
- Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips – I like the little bit of bitter that semi sweet chips add, but feel free to use milk chocolate or any chocolate chips you like
- Peanut Butter Chips – my favorite part of these blondies
- Reese’s Pieces – optional, but I love the crunchy texture it adds
- Oreos – throw a few cookies in a ziploc bag and give them a few good whacks with a rolling pin
- Halloween Sprinkles – you can use any sprinkles you want depending on the holiday or occasion, totally optional
The measurements for each ingredient can be found in the recipe card at the end of the post.
How to Make Peanut Butter Blondies
This recipe is simple and comes together quickly. Here are the basic steps:
- Preheat the oven and spray a 9×13 baking dish.
- Add the butter and sugars to a bowl and cream together. Add the peanut butter and egg yolk and mix again.
- Crack the remaining eggs into the bowl, add the vanilla, and mix again until smooth.
- Whisk the dry ingredients in a separate bowl then add them to the wet ingredients.
- Stir all of the ingredients together until just combined.
- Stir in the mix-ins and then press the batter into the prepared pan (a 8×11 pan can also be used for slightly thicker blondies).
- Cover the batter in the sprinkles and bake.
What is the Difference Between Brownies and Blondies?
Brownies contain cocoa and blondies do not. Brownies aim for that rich chocolatey flavor and blondies have a rich vanilla flavor. This recipe includes peanut butter so that is the commanding flavor.
The sky is the limit when it comes to possible variations for these blondies. Here are a few ideas of things you add in:
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
- Butterscotch Chips
- Candy Eyeballs
- Nutter Butters
How Long Do Blondies Keep?
Blondies will keep for 3-4 days at room temperature in an airtight container. They also freeze very well. Wrap them tightly in plastic wrap and then put them in a ziploc bag. They will keep in the freezer for up to 3 months.
So if cute and artsy aren’t in your wheelhouse for Halloween (or any holiday or occasion), but delicious and irresistible is, the this loaded peanut butter blondies recipe is for you! They are soft and chewy with all the chunks and texture you could ever want!
More Easy Bar Desserts You Must Try:
- Muddy Buddies Marshmallow Treats
- Pumpkin Gooey Butter Cake
- Nutella Blondies
- Peanut Butter Bars
- Monster Cookie Bars
- Peanut Butter Caramel Brownies
- Twix Carmelitas
Halloween Peanut Butter Blondies
- 3/4 Cup Butter, melted
- 1 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup White Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Peanut Butter
- 1 Egg Yolk , large
- 2 Eggs , large
- 1 1/3 teaspoons Vanilla
- 2 1/4 Cups Flour
- 2 teaspoons Cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 Cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 3/4 Cup Peanut Butter Chips
- 1 Cups Reese’s Pieces
- 5 Oreos, chopped
- Halloween Sprinkles, for the top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the butter and sugars for 1 minute. Add the peanut butter and egg yolk and mix again.
- Add the remaining two eggs and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Whisk all dry ingredients together and add to the bowl.
- When almost incorporated add the mix-ins minus the sprinkles, stir and press into a greased and parchment lined 8x11 or 9x13 pan.
- Cover in sprinkles and bake 25-30 min.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO our FREE Oh Sweet Basil NEWSLETTER AND RECEIVE EASY RECIPES DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY DAY!
When you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #ohsweetbasil on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured in our stories! FOLLOW OH, SWEET BASIL ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF OUR LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND STORIES.