Dense, fudgy, gooey and totally delicious, these Nutella Blondies take just minutes to throw together. Serve them up on their own or warm with ice cream and everyone will be wanting more.
Hey, there. Marie here again, from Sugar Salt Magic. Carrian and Cade are super kind to let me drop in here to share this delicious Nutella Blondies recipe with you. I’m so excited because, oh boy, these are good.
If there’s anything better than Nutella or blondies, it’s Nutella AND blondies. Oh, and some chocolate chips for good measure. Gooey, soft, sweet and loaded with Nutella and chocolate chips, I’m pretty confident these blondie bars will fix any kind of sugar craving.
Falling somewhere in between cookie bars and brownies, blondies are an utterly delicious, portable dessert.
Key ingredients for the best blondies
Just like brownies, blondies need to be fudgy and gooey and, just like I add chocolate to my brownies to get that texture, I add just a touch of white chocolate to my blondies. They don’t taste of white chocolate, it just gives them that fudge factor.
The other star ingredient that helps with both that gooey texture and gives a slight caramel edge, is brown sugar.
How to make blondies
Just like my Raspberry Chocolate Chip Blondies, the batter is all mixed together in one bowl. That’s right, this blondies recipe comes together in literally minutes.
- Mix together the dry ingredients until they’re all well combined.
- Add the wet ingredients directly into the bowl of dry ingredients and give it a mix until it comes together.
- Spread the batter into an 8 inch square baking tin.
- Dollop over the Nutella, then drag a knife through the Nutella to give it a swirl affect.
You’ll need to exercise a little patience while they cool and set up, then you can cut them easily into squares. By all means though, eat them warm with a dollop of ice cream – you’ll never look back.
How to store blondies
If you’re lucky enough to have any lefotver, these nutella blondies can be stored at room temperature for 2-3 days or in the fridge for 4-5. Make sure to keep them in an airtight container.
You can also freeze these blondies for up to 3 months. Wrap them in plastic wrap and then place them in an airtight container or zip lock bag. This will keep out any freezer odours. You can thaw them directly on the bench top – about an hour.
So there you have it – Nutella swirled blondies that take just minutes to make. What are you waiting for?
More amazing blondie recipes
- Gluten free Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Blondies
- Cookies and Cream Blondies
- Peanut Butter Mississippi Mud Blondies
- Malted Dark Chocolate Chip Fudge Blondies
- Rolo Blondies
- White Chocolate Malted Milk Blondies
- Mudslide Blondies
- Maple Pecan Blondies with White Chocolate Butter Sauce
Our new book is now available!
This unique cookbook guides the way through every step, including meal lists and easy-to-follow recipes, and features dollops of heartwarming family stories.
- 1 cup (4.6oz) all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (3.5oz) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup, packed (3.5oz) brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup (4oz / 1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 oz white chocolate, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup Nutella
- Preheat your oven to 350F. Line an 8x8 inch square baking tin with baking paper
- Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and both sugars in a bowl and mix well until there are no lumps left.
- Add the eggs, melted butter, melted white chocolate and vanilla and mix to combine.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix through.
- Pour into the prepared tin and level out with your spatula.
- Dollop spoonfuls of Nutella over the top, then poke a knife in and swirl it around the top.
- Bake for 32-35 minutes until the top is dry and golden.
- Cool in the tin for at least 45 minutes before removing and cutting into 16 pieces.