S’mores Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies are the best of every world. A crisp on the edges and chewy in the middle cookie stuffed with s’mores!
Everyone’s favorite cookie, chocolate chip of course, meets S’mores and it is a dream come true. S’mores Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies are loaded with all the goodness that traditional chocolate chip cookies offer plus stuffed with melty marshmallows, a gooey chocolate bar, and crunchy graham cracker!
I am not sure about you but the summertime screams s’mores to me! Sitting around a campfire with all your favorite people roasting marshmallows and licking melted chocolate off your fingers,
It is the best!
Burnt Marshmallow or Golden Toasted Marshmallow
Let me ask you this, Are you a burnt marshmallow or toasted marshmallow person?
Do you stick your whole marshmallow in the fire and watch it catch flame immediately while frantically trying to blow it out?
Do you take your time in slowly rotating over indirect heat, making sure to roast until the perfect golden brown color and wear the inside is so warm and melty it’s sliding down your stick?
I am a golden and toasted kinda person.
Because, it’s the best. 🙂
Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
Well, imagine all the goodness of gooey delicious s’mores meeting your most favorite warm chocolate chip cookie. But this cookie isn’t just your average cookie recipe, its a stuffed chocolate chip cookie recipe. All the goodness of a chocolate chip cookie x 2 and stuffed to the brim with a big gooey marshmallow, melted chocolate and of course a graham cracker to top it all off!
You’re going to love this!
I know what you usually buy for s’mores, I do too, but can I recommend snagging a better chocolate bar this time? It really does bake up amazing in a cookie. I like to buy, Symphony or Lindt.
How to Make S’mores Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and line baking sheets with silpats or parchment paper. This is a must or the cookies will stick.
- In a mixer, combine the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar on medium-high speed for 2 minutes.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until just combined. Turn off the mixer.
- In a bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. Add the flour mixture into the butter mixture.
- Mix until almost incorporated then add the chocolate chips. We prefer semi-sweet or a combination of milk and semi-sweet.
- Use an XL cookie scoop or ¼ cup to scoop out the dough. Press each scoop of dough flat. Repeat with remaining dough. Each cookie will need 2 flattened pieces of dough.
- On top of one piece of dough, place a graham cracker, chocolate, and a marshmallow that has been cut in half and can lay side by side on the chocolate. Top with another flat piece of dough, and seal the edges.
- Place in the fridge for 15 minutes then bake for 16-18 minutes or until golden. These are HUGE cookies!
Do I Have to Chill S’mores Cookie Dough?
I know, chilling cookie dough is the worst! I mean I just want to eat it already!
It’s only 15 Minutes, I PROMISE.
Chilling is crucial in making cookies. Chilling cookie dough helps solidify the butter in the dough, making sure it doesn’t spread while baking. Since these s’mores stuffed chocolate chip cookies are MASSIVE they need time to solidify all together so they don’t spread and ooze out in the oven.
Can Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Be Frozen?
Chocolate chip cookie dough freezes well. Scoop cookie dough and make it into balls and place on a cookie sheet.
Freeze for a few hours and then transfer to a heavy-duty freezer bag. Or, roll dough into a log and wrap in plastic wrap and then foil.
Cookie dough can freeze for up to 3 months.
For already baked cookies, store in a freezer-safe airtight container for up to 3 months.
How Long Will Chocolate Chip Cookies Keep?
Homemade chocolate chip cookies will last for about 1 week at room temperature.
Why Should You Cook Cookies On A Rack?
Cookies left on a cookie sheet to cool, continue to bake.
A rack allows air to circulate under the cookies, cooling them quickly. Let them cool on the pan for a couple of minutes after removing from the oven, then transfer to a cooling rack.
What Does Corn Starch Do In Cookies?
Corn starch in cookies creates a perfect crumb: crumbly, but not fall-apart.
Want More Stuffed Cookie Recipes?! Check Out Some of Our Favs at Oh Sweet Basil!
- Nutella and Dulce De Leche Stuffed Cookies
- Andes Mint Chocolate Cookies
- White Chocolate Molasses Cookies
- Pumpkin Spice White Chocolate Cookies
- Peanut Butter Meltaway Cookies
- Fudge Filled Chocolate Chip Cookies
Watch the Video!
S’mores Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 1/4 Cup Butter, unsalted, softened slightly (see note)
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup White Sugar
- 2 Eggs, large
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla
- 2 3/4 Cup Flour, plus 2 Tablespoons
- 3/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Corn Starch
- 2 Cups Chocolate Chips
- Marshmallows, large
- Graham Crackers
- Candy Bar, Milk chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line baking sheets with silpats or parchment paper.
- In a mixer, combine the butter, brown sugar and white sugar on medium high speed for 2 minutes.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and mix to combine.
- In a bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients.
- Turn off the mixer and add the flour mixture.
- Mix until almost incorporated then add the chocolate chips.We prefer semi sweet or a combination of milk and semi sweet.
- Use an XL cookie scoop or ¼ cup.
- Press flat and then do another.
- Place on top of dough, a graham cracker, chocolate, and a marshmallow that has been cut in half and can lay side by side on the chocolate.
- Top with another flat piece of dough, and seal the edges.
- Place in the fridge for 15 minutes then bake for 16-18 minutes or until golden.
- These are HUGE cookies!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO our FREE Oh Sweet Basil NEWSLETTER AND RECEIVE EASY RECIPES DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY DAY!
When you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #ohsweetbasil on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured in our stories! FOLLOW OH, SWEET BASIL ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF OUR LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND STORIES.