The most popular recipes in 2020 have been quick bread recipes like this easy Snickerdoodle Bread. A light and tender bread with cinnamon ripples!
Is Quick Bread Really Cake?
Shhhh, we all know that a quick bread is pretty much a cake in a loaf form, but calling it a quick bread always makes me feel better. Like, “ohhhh just having a slice of bread with dinner” sounds way better than, “ohhh just having a slice of cake with dinner.”
Don’t worry, I’m not going to tell a soul. It’s our little secret.
And if you’re thinking how similar this cinnamon bread is to a snickerdoodle, well come on, of course it is, but remember, IT’S BREAD. 😉
Amish Cinnamon Bread
I grew up with banana bread and an amish friendship bread my mother would make. Actually, you might know it as an Amish Cinnamon Bread. I love Amish bread. It’s one of the best things ever and I’d love to one day visit a place where I could actually try an authentic Amish bread.
If you’re interested I’d love to share the Amish Friendship bread recipe. I really think it would be a beautiful way to step out of the darkness of Corona and into the light of the friendships we’ve longed to embrace once again. I’d love to hear your thoughts.
Can you Make Cinnamon Bread into Muffins?
Our kids love to make this bread into muffins for breakfast and I’m all about that. Here’s how to make cinnamon muffins from scratch.
- Prepare the batter as the instructions state.
- Spray a muffin tin with nonstick spray and spoon a little batter in each well.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar and top with more batter.
- Gently swirl the mixture using a toothpick and top with remaining cinnamon sugar.
- Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes.
Gluten Free Snickerdoodle Bread
I have yet to make a perfect gluten free quick bread on my own, but I found a really delicious recipe over at Kim’s Cravings for Gluten Free Snickerdoodle Bread.
Look, I joked in the beginning about quick bread and cake, it stems from the Costco muffins. I’ve not been able to wrap my head around those muffins. They have got to be cupcakes, right?! Ugh, let me set the record straight.
Snickerdoodle Bread Tips
What Is Quick Bread?
Quick bread is any bread that is leavened with something other than yeast.
The leavening agent could be baking soda or baking powder.
They are called quick bread because they are quick, you don’t have to wait for these breads to rise.
How Long Will Snickerdoodle Bread Keep?
This quick bread will keep for up to 2 days at room temperature if covered in foil or plastic wrap.
It will keep for a week in the refrigerator.
Can You Freeze Quick Bread?
Quick bread should be completely cooled before freezing.
- Wrap the bread tightly in plastic wrap and foil and store for up to 3 months in the freezer.
What Can I use Instead of Buttermilk?
If you don’t have buttermilk try using half sour cream and half milk, or milk with a tablespoon of vinegar.
Can I make the batter ahead of time and bake later?
Yes, prepare the batter, cover the bowl and store in the fridge for up to 24 hours. Remove the batter from the fridge for 15 minutes before you bake it.
For More Snickerdoodle Recipes :
- Homemade Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Snickerdoodle Cheesecake Bars
- Chocolate Chip Snickerdoodles
- Chocolate Snickerdoodle Cookies
- White Chocolate Stuffed Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Snickerdoodle Banana Bread
- Snickerdoodle Zucchini Bread
All of Our Best Quick Bread Recipes!
Preorder our new book!
This unique cookbook guides the way through every step, including meal lists and easy-to-follow recipes, and features dollops of heartwarming family stories.
- 1/4 Cup Butter softened
- 1/4 Cup Oil
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 Cup Buttermilk
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2/3 Cup Cinnamon Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a bowl, whisk together the butter, oil and sugar. Add the eggs and buttermilk and combine until smooth.
- Pour in the flour, baking soda and salt and using a spatula, fold until combined.
- Grease a loaf pan, leaving a 1/2” border ungreased. Add 1/3 of the batter and sprinkle 1/3 of the cinnamon sugar.
- Add another 1/3 of batter and 1/3 of cinnamon sugar. Repeat one last time, but before sprinkling the cinnamon sugar take a knife and swirl through the bread. Top with cinnamon sugar and bake for 55-60 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes and then remove from the pan to cool on a cooling rack.