If you’re looking for a bit of a change to your pasta night routine, give this spaghetti with egg dish a try. Honestly, I think I miss the meat a little in this dish, but I will say that the protein from the egg does help to make up for it. I was a little worried about the eggs. I thought that maybe they would be rubbery and be a weird texture with the pasta. Guess what, it wasn’t! I was pleasantly surprised. You are definitely going to have to give this spaghetti with egg recipe a try. Sometimes on busy days I forget to get meat out in time so that it can be defrosted in time for dinner, this recipe is a perfect solution! No meat needed and you still get a fair amount of protein in your meal. Plus it’s a quick dish which is what this week is all about. I had seen so many recipes for pasta with egg in it and I thought that I would try out my own! Here is what we came up with.
Are Eggs Good For You?
Eggs are an efficient, rich source of protein and vitamins.
They are low in calories, and have a good amount of Vitamin D, which helps strengthen the immune system and the bones.
How Do You Know When Spaghetti Is Done?
Spaghetti and all pasta should be cooked to al dente, or firm to the taste.
To know if pasta is done, take a bite.
If it is firm but not hard, it is done.
How Long Will Spaghetti Keep?
Spaghetti will keep for 3-5 days in the refrigerator. It should be stored in an air tight container in the refrigerator.
Spaghetti with Egg
Spaghetti with Egg
Recipe by me
- 2 Eggs, hard boiled
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1/2 lb. Spaghetti, thin
- Bread Crumbs , homemade, or seasoned bread crumbs
- 1-2 teaspoon Capers, chopped
- 1 clove Garlic , minced
- 1 Tablespoon Parsley, chopped
- Lemon Zest , 1/2 Lemon
- Olive Oil
- Sea Salt to taste
- Grated Parmesan Cheese, for garnish
- Place the eggs in a bowl and mash up into small bits with a fork.
- Add a couple of tablespoons of Olive Oil and a little salt.
- Add pasta to boiling, salted water and cook, following the packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a non-stick frying pan, add the breadcrumbs, capers and garlic and saute over medium heat until the breadcrumbs are golden brown.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the parsley and lemon zest. It should be fragrant if not you could add a little more zest.
- Drain the pasta, keeping some of the cooking water.
- Add the pasta to the egg with a few spoonfuls of the cooking water.
- Toss through very well
- Drizzle each with some olive oil and scatter parsley breadcrumbs over the top.
- Sprinkle a little parm on top and enjoy!!