We love this thin crust pizza recipe that we found online, it works out great for us because my husband is a very picky pizza eater. He loves pizza, and learned to make it when he was still a kid. However, we have had a hard time finding a really good crust that has that wonderfully chewy texture that you find in restaurants. Then I stumbled across a website for “authentic Italian recipes.” Click Here to see it for yourself. On that site, I found a recipe for Neopolitan style Pizza dough. It’s still not as chewy as I would like, but it is better than any other home-made crust we’ve tried. You have to give it time to raise, but if you do, then it makes a really nice cracker crust. The best part about making your own pizzas is that you can use whatever toppings you want; I’ll give you the toppings we put on the one pictured.
Thin Crust Pizza
Thin Crust Pizza
For the Dough
- 1 teaspoon dry active yeast
- 1 1/4 Cup warm water
- 1 Cup cake flour (not self-rising)
- 2 1/2-3 Cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon salt (I usually half this)
- olive oil
Toppings for above photo
- 1 prepared package Alfredo sauce (I don’t usually like the powder packages but I think the Alfredo makes a good pizza sauce).
- Diced mushrooms
- pre-cooked chicken
- pre-cooked bacon
- fresh spinach, cut in ribbons
- mozzarella cheese
- Add yeast to warm water & allow to sit for 10 min.
- In a large bowl, combine flours and salt.
- Add the yeast mixture & stir to form a soft dough.
- Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface.
- Knead until smooth and elastic, adding more flour as needed.
- Coat a bowl with olive oil.
- Place the dough in the bowl, turning it once to coat with oil.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place. The dough should double in volume (1-1 1/2 hours).
- Flatten the dough and divide in half.
- Shape each piece into a ball & let raise for another hour.
- Add toppings and bake at 425 for 15-20 min.
Yield: Two 14" pizzas, Serving Size: 1 pizza
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 1485 Calories
- Total Fat: 43.6g
- Cholesterol: 63.4mg
- Carbohydrates: 226.8g
- Fiber: 8.6g
- Sugar: 6.8g
- Protein: 41.5g