This Bourbon Chicken recipe from Aggie’s Kitchen is so simple to prepare and so so so delicious! One of the things that we absolutely love is that it’s so easy to spice it up or take it down a few notches depending on who you will be sharing your meal with. Tender, moist, and full of flavor. There was a great bourbon chicken, hold your breath, at the Washington Square mall when I was in high school. I know, mall food. Can you even believe that I said that?! It’s completely ridiculous, and if I went back I’d probably be a bit disappointed now that my palate has evolved. Or, at least I hope that it has!
It was definitely chicken thighs not breasts that were used, but the breasts are a little healthier so I went with those this time. And the sauce isn’t exactly like the one from the mall and I did adapt it from Aggie as well, but it’s still a really delicious sauce that I think you’ll just love.
And I wont even tell you about Hot Dog on a Stick. Or should I say. the cheese on a stick. I know, I know, it’s ridiculous. That one I’m still tempted to make a homemade version though…
- Recipe from Aggie's Kitchen
- 2 lbs boneless/skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1-2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- ¾ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ¼ cup apple juice
- ⅓ cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- ½ cup water
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add chicken pieces and cook until lightly browned.
- Remove chicken from pan and add remaining ingredients, heating over medium Heat until well mixed and dissolved.
- Add chicken back into pan and bring to a hard boil.Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.