Recipe from Paula Deen
(our notes in bold)
- 1/2 Cup Butter
(we used a couple tablespoon olive oil instead of the butter)
- 1 (5oz) Pkg thinly sliced Prosciutto, chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1/2 Cup Flour
- 3 Cups Chicken Broth
- 3 Cups Whole Milk (We used Skim)
- 4 Cups Chopped, Cooked Chicken
- 2 Cups Gruyere, Shredded
- 1 Cup Mozzarella, Shredded
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan, Grated
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1 (9oz) Pkg Fresh Baby Spinach
- 1 (16 oz) Pkg Dumpling Style Noodles, cooked and kept warm (We used Whole Wheat Spirals)
- 1/2 Cup Homemade Foccacia Bread Crumbs, toasted
- Preheat Oven to 350 and lightly grease a 3 quart baking dish
- In a dutch oven, heat butter (or oil) and cook prosciutto and garlic.
- Cook until prosciutto is crispy.
- Stir in flour and cook for two minutes stirring constantly. DON’T CUT YOUR TIME SHORT! When you are stirring flour into anything you need to let it cook out that dry floury taste.
- Add broth and milk, stirring constantly until smooth.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for 6-8 min or until thickened.
- Stir in chicken, salt, pepper, and cheeses; stir until cheeses melt.
- Stir in noodles and spinach.
- Spoon into a baking dish and bake for 30-35 min. (We cooked until hot and bubbly so it was only about 20 min.)
- Garnish with a little more parm and bread crumbs if desired and serve immediately!
Yield: , Serving Size: 1 recipe
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 6188 Calories
- Total Fat: 294.5g
- Cholesterol: 1222.5mg
- Carbohydrates: 501.6g
- Fiber: 66.9g
- Sugar: 57.3g
- Protein: 399.5g