Want to know the BEST appetizer to bring to a party? It’s these Bacon-Wrapped Little Smokies! They require only a few ingredients and minimal prep work!
Bacon-Wrapped Little Smokies Recipe
I feel almost wrong posting this “recipe” for bacon-wrapped little smokies. For one thing, it’s just basically mini hot dogs. (I happen to love hot dogs by the way. Don’t knock them). And for another thing it’s just bacon, brown sugar, and chili powder. That’s barely a recipe, but in case you’ve never had little smokies with bacon I’m bringing it to the blog because as simple as they are they are also so yummy and addicting.
Stick a little platter of these babies in front of a bunch of people for the Super Bowl or any other game, and I guarantee they will be gone in seconds! And while everyone loves them, my hot dog loving kiddos won’t touch the mini hot dogs. What. The. Heck? What kid doesn’t like mini hot dogs?
Anyway, that’s not the point, the point is that you can totally bust out these bacon-wrapped little smokies and everyone will be dying to know the recipe without a clue that it’s just brown sugar and chili powder. Which is awesome. I love when people think I worked harder than I did.
Bacon-Wrapped Little Smokies Ingredients
To make this easy party appetizer, you’ll need:
- Mini hot dogs
- Brown sugar
- Chili powder
How to Make Bacon-Wrapped Little Smokies
These little smokies wrapped in bacon truly are the best appetizer to bring to a party! They’re so simple to make. Here’s how I make a batch of bacon-wrapped little smokies:
- Wrap each mini hot dog with bacon.
- Dredge the bacon-wrapped hot dogs through a mixture of brown sugar and chili powder.
- Bake until the hot dogs are heated through and the bacon is crisp to your liking.
What Type of Bacon Should I Use?
For these little smokies wrapped in bacon recipe, we prefer using thin-cut bacon. You can use any variety of bacon you’d like, but we typically stick to pork bacon.
Can I Prep Bacon-Wrapped Little Smokies in Advance?
If desired, you can wrap the mini hot dogs in bacon and set the baking tray in the fridge until you’re ready to bake them off.
Tips for Making Bacon-Wrapped Little Smokies
You’re welcome to use pork or beef mini hot dogs. And if you can’t find mini hot dogs, buy regular sized hot dogs and cut them into thirds for this recipe.
If there’s any of the brown sugar mixture left over after you’ve rolled all the bacon-wrapped little smokies in it, sprinkle it on top of the little smokies before they go into the oven. You want to use up all the sugar!
Don’t forget to line your baking tray with aluminum foil before placing the little smokies with bacon on top. It makes clean up a breeze!
More PARTY APPETIZER IDEAS:
- Garlic Parmesan Grilled Chicken Wings
- The Best Deviled Eggs Recipe
- The Best Mexican 7 Layer Dip
- Strawberry Fluff Fruit Dip
- Pepperoni Pizza Dip
- Ham and Cheese Sliders
- Porcupine Meatballs
- Chorizo Dip Queso Fundido
- Sweet and Sour Meatballs for the Oven or Slow Cooker
- ALL OF OUR APPETIZER RECIPES!
Bacon Wrapped Little Smokies
Bacon-Wrapped Little Smokies
- 1 Pound Bacon, , cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 Package Beef or Pork Little Smokies, 14oz
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Chili Powder
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Wrap the bacon around each mini hot dog.
- In a small bowl, mix the brown sugar and chili powder.
- Roll each smoky in the brown sugar mixture and place on a foil-lined baking sheet. If brown sugar remains, roll the hot dogs a little more.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Serve immediately.