This Breakfast Cheesy Pull Apart Bread is one of our favorite savory breakfast recipes! It’s loaded with chunks of apple, breakfast sausage, and bacon. Perfect for the holidays!
Are you a savory or sweet breakfast person? I am sweet, for sure! I just can’t resist the French toast! This savory pull apart bread might just change my mind though!
All you savory breakfast fans out there, this is going to be the best breakfast recipe for you! Filled with breakfast sausage, tart apples, and of course all the cheese your heart could want. Plus you can eat it with your fingers?! What is not to love about a pull apart bread recipe?!
This Cheesy Pull Apart Bread is the perfect savory breakfast for a weekend morning home with the family! I can picture it now…all the kids gathered around the kitchen table grabbing cheesy bites of this pull apart bread.
Ingredients Needed for Breakfast Cheesy Pull Apart Bread
This is essentially a breakfast monkey bread made with biscuits. Score! Head down to the recipe card for the exact measurements of each ingredient.
Here is a glimpse of what you will need so you know if you need to head to the grocery store:
- Breakfast Sausage
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Refrigerated Biscuits
- Maple Syrup
- Cheddar Cheese
TIP: Our favorite apples for baking and cooking are Sweet Tango, Ruby Frost, Honey Crisp, Rave and Jonathan. Granny Smith is also a great option.
How to Make This Cheesy Pull Apart Bread
For the detailed instructions for making the most amazing breakfast you’ll eat this year, head down to the recipe card. Here are the basic steps for making this sausage and apple pull apart bread:
- Preheat the oven and grease a fluted tube pan.
- Cook the breakfast sausage and apples, then add the spices and herbs.
- Form the store-bought biscuit dough into balls and arrange half in the pan.
- Top with mixture of butter, maple syrup, sausage/apples, and cheese.
- Repeat these same layers again.
How to Store Breakfast Pull Apart Cheese Bread
Store the leftovers of this breakfast monkey bread with canned biscuits in a airtight container in the fridge for 5-7 days.
Can You Freeze Pull Apart Bread?
If you need to store pull apart bread for longer periods of time, you can freeze it. When storing bread in the freezer, make sure the bread is well wrapped so it retains moisture.
When you are ready to eat the frozen bread, it’s important to take the bread out and allow it to thaw completely. Then reheat the foil-wrapped bread in the oven. Covering the bread in foil while reheating will ensure your bread stays soft and doesn’t turn into croutons.
Can You Freeze Bread Dough?
Divide the dough into loaf portions and wrap in plastic wrap before freezing. Bread dough will keep for 4 weeks in the freezer.
What Is Breakfast Sausage Made Out Of?
Breakfast sausage is usually made from pork and a variety of spices.
What Is The Difference Between Breakfast Sausage and Regular Sausage?
Breakfast sausage is ground and seasoned with a blend of spices that includes some mixture of sage, thyme, salt, and pepper. Breakfast sausage is eaten with breakfast and regular sausage is usually eaten with some kind of pasta.
Which Is Healthier, Bacon Or Sausage?
Bacon is actually lower in calories and in fat content. Sausage has more protein.
Tips for Making Pull Apart Breakfast Sausage Bread
- Breakfast sausage: You can use any flavor of breakfast sausage you’d like, but we prefer buying the maple kind. It pairs nicely with the bacon and cheese and makes this a sweet and savory cheesy pull apart bread.
- Maple syrup: Make sure to use real maple syrup and not the imitation kind that’s labeled as pancake syrup.
- Biscuits: You want to buy the refrigerated raw biscuit dough. Any brand will work!
More Savory Breakfast Recipes:
- Chorizo Potatoes
- Sausage Breakfast Enchiladas
- Maple Mustard Croissant Breakfast Sandwich
- Southern Sausage Breakfast Cake
- Cheesy Sausage Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole
- Apple Bacon Waffles
- Hashbrowns Ham Frittata
- Ham and Cheese Scones
- All our Breakfast Recipes!
Preorder our new book!
This unique cookbook guides the way through every step, including meal lists and easy-to-follow recipes, and features dollops of heartwarming family stories.
Breakfast Sausage and Apple Cheesy Pull Apart
- 1 pound Maple Sage Breakfast Sausage (see note)
- 1 Apple , peeled and chopped (see note)
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Parsley , chopped
- 1/2 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 3/4 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 1/2 Packages Refrigerated Biscuits (12 biscuits total)
- 6 Slices Bacon , cooked and chopped
- 1/3 Cup Butter , melted
- 1/4 Cup Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 1/2 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 10-inch fluted tube pan.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the sausage until cooked through and browned.
- Add the apples and cook for 3 more minutes until the apples are tender.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the chopped bacon, spices and herbs. Let cool.
- Cut each biscuit in half, shape into balls, and arrange one half of the balls in the prepared pan.
- In a bowl, combine butter and maple syrup. Drizzle half the mixture over the dough in the pan, top with half of the sausage and half of the cheese. Repeat layers.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown. Top with fresh chopped parsley. Allow to cool and serve with additional maple syrup for dipping.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO our FREE Oh Sweet Basil NEWSLETTER AND RECEIVE EASY RECIPES DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY DAY!
When you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #ohsweetbasil on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured in our stories! FOLLOW OH, SWEET BASIL ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF OUR LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND STORIES.