Golden hash browns make a great crust for this hash browns ham frittata! Serve as is or with hot sauce for a spicy little pop!
What is a Frittata?
Frittatas are an Italian dish made with fried beaten eggs, resembling a Spanish omelet.
Our cookbook, Our Sweet Basil Kitchen has been doing so well and continues to be sold around the country all thanks to our sweet readers and friends. How can we ever thank you for always standing by our sides, supporting and cheering us on? Thank you so much from the bottom of our hearts! This Hash Browns Ham Frittata is one of the exclusive recipes from the cookbook and as a thank you for your love and support we wanted to share it with all of you!
We hardly ever post savory breakfast recipes and I’m not sure why as Cade and I definitely love a savory breakfast. This hash browns ham frittata is one of our personal favorites but to be honest I’m not sure if it should be considered a frittata or a quiche, but for us it’s delicious and that’s what matters.
What is a Quiche?
Quiche is a baked flan or tart with a savory filling thickened with eggs.
You start out by browning some shredded hash browns in a pan with some oil. Cook each side until golden and then set the first batch on a plate while you finish the second. The second batch will be the bottom crust while the first is going to be torn apart in strips and pressed against the sides.
How do You Cook Hash Browns?
- Shred potatoes into a large bowl filled with cold water. Stir until water is cloudy, drain, and cover potatoes again with fresh cold water. …
- Heat clarified butter in a large non-stick pan over medium heat. …
- Cook potatoes until a brown crust forms on the bottom, about 5 minutes.
After the crust is in place, pull out a new pan and saute your peppers and ham. Now, I know this is a bit of back and forth but pull your ham off the hot burner and add the potato pan back on so the cold crust can start to reheat
In a bowl, whisk your eggs, milk, cheese and seaoning. You can skip the milk if you needd to or even add water but I’ve found the eggs are fluffier with it. Mix the ham saute with your egg mixture and pour it in the hash brown crust. Let it cook for only about 30-45 seconds so the edges just start to set.
Now toss the whole thing in the oven for 10-12 minutes and Cade likes to serve his with a dash of hot sauce, I like mine as is or I secretly like a drizzle of ketchup, don’t judge me.
More HAM RECIPES You Will Love:
- World’s Best Brown Sugar Ham
- Ham Dipping Sauces
- Secret to the Best Ham Fried Rice
- Spring Ham and Asparagus Lemon Cream Sauce
- Cheesy Ham and Potato Bacon Casserole
- Ham Lemon Orzo with Parmesan and Peas
- Garlic Honey Mustard Ham
- Ham and Cheese Sliders
- Hawaiian Ham and Pineapple Casserole
- Ham and Cheese Breakfast Stromboli
- Ham Hock Soup
- Easy Ham and Cheese Scones
- Ham and Broccoli Macaroni and Cheese
- How to Make Ham in a Slow Cooker
- How to Carve a Spiral Ham
- All our BEST PORK RECIPES here!
Hash Browns Ham Frittata
For the Crust
For the Filling
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 780 Total Fat: 54g Saturated Fat: 12g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 38g Cholesterol: 340mg Sodium: 1686mg Carbohydrates: 50g Fiber: 5g Sugar: 3g Protein: 26g
Good quality sausage in a pan topped with gooey cheese, crisp bacon and fluffy eggs all on a buttered bagel or English muffin, but trust me it’s awesome.