Looking for a fun and easy sweet chex mix? We love this easy churro chex mix for parties and entertaining or just a night at home with Netflix!
I know these went crazy around the web years ago, and I think that recipe is awesome even if I don’t have a clue who started it. There are so many churro chex recipes out there and not many bloggers linked up to a source even though it clearly was not their original idea so now here I am doing the same thing because I cannot figure out who started the craze.
Tip for Chex Mix
Now I’ll tell you a tip but it’s not necessary, it’s just what I like. I like to use about 1 cup less cereal because I really like how clumpy the mix gets.
Check out how we make this all happen…
I make a bigger batch of the coating because it makes it more like a churro muddy buddies versus just a snacky chex mix. So, hop on it and probably invite some friends over or you’ll be eating it all.
Ingredients for Churro Chex Mix
- Rice Chex
- Cinnamon Chips- we find ours during the fall at Target or Orson Gygi (a baking and cooking store in Utah)
- Powdered Sugar
Churro Chex Mix
How Long Will Churro Chex Mix Keep?
Stored in an airtight container, they will keep for 4-6 weeks.
More Snack Recipes to Eat by the Handful:
- Muddy Buddies Mix
- Rosemary Parmesan Popcorn
- 5 Minute Reese’s Snack Mix
- Coconut Sweet Chex Mix
- Cinnamon Sugar Pretzels
- Salt & Vinegar Popcorn
- Easy Candied Pretzels
- Parmesan Herb Pretzel Nibblers
- Ranch Slow Cooker Chex Mix
- Apple Pie Popcorn
- Cinnamon Roll Pretzel Bites
- Garlic Parmesan Dill Popcorn
- Churro Popcorn
- Reese’s Krispies Popcorn
- Coconut Oil Kettle Corn
- All our yummy Snack Recipes!
Churro Chex Mix
- 1 Regular, not family size box of Rice Chex (about 10 cups)
- 2 Cups Cinnamon Chips, found by the chocolate chips
- 1/2 Cup of butter
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 3 Teaspoons Cinnamon
- Place the cereal in a very large bowl and line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add the butter and begin to melt down halfway then add the cinnamon chips and stir until combined.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, gently stir together the powdered sugar, sugar and cinnamon.
- Set aside.
- Once the cinnamon chips are all melted, pour over the cereal and fold with a rubber spatula to coat then add the powdered sugar mixture, folding again to coat.
- Spread out on the cookie sheets and allow to cool for 10-20 minutes.
- Store in tupperware or ziplocs.