Looking for a fun and easy sweet chex mix? We love this easy churro chex mix for parties and entertaining or just a night at home with Netflix!
I know these went crazy around the web years ago, and I think that recipe is awesome even if I don’t have a clue who started it. There are so many churro chex recipes out there and not many bloggers linked up to a source even though it clearly was not their original idea so now here I am doing the same thing because I cannot figure out who started the craze. I did try them for the first time through babble so I’ll be noting them until I hear otherwise.
Now, let’s talk about why I’m posting this when it’s clearly all over. It’s because I like mine better. Haha! I think the other recipes are great, they just aren’t that wow factor for me. And really it’s silly what I do to make it even better but I know many of you have expressed just how much cooking makes you nervous and that you don’t like to experiment, so here’s what you need to do. Double the candy.
Check out how we make this all happen…
I use one whole box of Rice Chex (which is about 1 cup more than the recipe calls for) and then I make a bigger batch of the coating because it makes it more like a churro muddy buddies versus just a snacky chex mix. So, hop on it and probably invite some friends over or you’ll be eating it all.
Are Rice Chex Gluten Free?
Rice chex is gluten free.
It is one of the first gluten free cereals.
Churro Chex Mix
How Long Will Churro Chex Mix Keep?
Stored in an airtight container, they will keep for 4-6 weeks.
Churro Chex Mix
- 1 Regular not family size box of Rice Chex (about 10 cups)
- 2 Cups Cinnamon Chips found by the chocolate chips
- 1/2 Cup of butter
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 3 Teaspoons Cinnamon
- Place the cereal in a very large bowl and line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add the butter and begin to melt down halfway then add the cinnamon chips and stir until combined.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, gently stir together the powdered sugar, sugar and cinnamon.
- Set aside.
- Once the cinnamon chips are all melted, pour over the cereal and fold with a rubber spatula to coat then add the powdered sugar mixture, folding again to coat.
- Spread out on the cookie sheets and allow to cool for 10-20 minutes.
- Store in tupperware or ziplocs.