Looking for a fun and easy sweet chex mix? We love this easy churro chex mix for parties and entertaining or just a night at home with Netflix!
I know these went crazy around the web years ago, and I think that recipe is awesome even if I don’t have a clue who started it. There are so many churro chex recipes out there and not many bloggers linked up to a source even though it clearly was not their original idea so now here I am doing the same thing because I cannot figure out who started the craze.
Tip for Chex Mix
Now I’ll tell you a tip but it’s not necessary, it’s just what I like. I like to use about 1 cup less cereal because I really like how clumpy the mix gets.
Check out how we make this all happen…
I make a bigger batch of the coating because it makes it more like a churro muddy buddies versus just a snacky chex mix. So, hop on it and probably invite some friends over or you’ll be eating it all.
Ingredients for Churro Chex Mix
- Rice Chex
- Cinnamon Chips- we find ours during the fall at Target or Orson Gygi (a baking and cooking store in Utah)
- Powdered Sugar
Churro Chex Mix
How Long Will Churro Chex Mix Keep?
Stored in an airtight container, they will keep for 4-6 weeks.
More Snack Recipes to Eat by the Handful:
- Muddy Buddies Mix
- Rosemary Parmesan Popcorn
- 5 Minute Reese’s Snack Mix
- Coconut Sweet Chex Mix
- Cinnamon Sugar Pretzels
- Salt & Vinegar Popcorn
- Easy Candied Pretzels
- Parmesan Herb Pretzel Nibblers
- Ranch Slow Cooker Chex Mix
- Apple Pie Popcorn
- Cinnamon Roll Pretzel Bites
- Garlic Parmesan Dill Popcorn
- Churro Popcorn
- Reese’s Krispies Popcorn
- Coconut Oil Kettle Corn
- All our yummy Snack Recipes!
Churro Chex Mix
- 1 Regular, not family size box of Rice Chex (about 10 cups)
- 2 Cups Cinnamon Chips, found by the chocolate chips
- 1/2 Cup of butter
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 3 Teaspoons Cinnamon
- Place the cereal in a very large bowl and line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add the butter and begin to melt down halfway then add the cinnamon chips and stir until combined.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, gently stir together the powdered sugar, sugar and cinnamon.
- Set aside.
- Once the cinnamon chips are all melted, pour over the cereal and fold with a rubber spatula to coat then add the powdered sugar mixture, folding again to coat.
- Spread out on the cookie sheets and allow to cool for 10-20 minutes.
- Store in tupperware or ziplocs.
I just made this for a Mexican themed party I’m going to today. This is sooo freaking good. Thankfully Wegmans carries cinnamon chips all year round <3 I've already snuck a few and have already contemplated not bringing it and to keep it for myself. They're lucky I like them all.
Hahaha! I love this! Thank you so much Nicole!
I’m curious if anyone had made this with cinnamon Chex instead of rice Chex? Would it be too much cinnamon favoring? What do you think?
I bet it would be totally delicious! Great idea!
Where can I find the Rice chex?
And one more stupid question… Do you think I can replace the Rice Chex by another ingredients like cracker?
I haven’t tried it with crackers so I’m not sure how that would taste.
Monica @ Cookin’ it Real
Amazing! I have actually never seen the churro version of Chex mix…but churros are an all time family favorite at my house. Can’t wait to try them.
Well yay! You’ll have to try it!
This looks so addictive, pinning for later!!!
These sound amazing! I love anything cinnamon and these look great (and easy to make). Gonna have to try this out soon 🙂
Tweezers and Tongs
Kayle (The Cooking Actress)
omigosh this looks CRAZY addictive!
It totally is!
Rocky Mountain Woman
I always double the topping on almost everything so these are just perfect for me…
Yes! I’m such a fan of topping!