Teriyaki! It’s just so fun to say and it’s my saving grace for sushi. *GASP* I know, I don’t eat sushi. Are you all dying a little? It’s true. I find it odd and I don’t enjoy it. Yes, it’s true that I’ve only tried the California roll, but it wasn’t good and I don’t really get the raw fish thing so why would I try more? I can’t possibly be the only one out there, could I? Cade loves the stuff so if we go I always grab one of the Teriyaki Chicken or teriyaki veggie bowls. They are so good!!
I wasn’t completely sure if you all would want a recipe for our teriyaki veggie bowls since it’s really nothing special and it doesn’t even have the teriyaki sauce that the teriyaki chicken has that I linked to above, but for some reason we just love these things!
So, I got brave, posted a not so pretty picture on instagram and asked if you all would be interested in the recipe and good mercy, the answer was a loud yes!!
Just goes to show that I have no idea what people want. Sometimes I post a recipe that was crazy good and I feel like it doesn’t go as wild on pinterest as I’d like. Although some of that is posting in summer when no one is around. Like this recipe for a puff pastry filled with heirloom tomatoes, mozzarella and balsamic reduction. I know, it sounds fancy, but it’s like the easiest ever and so tasty!! And then there’s this veggie bowl and everyone goes nuts! As you should. You guys, we make this recipe all the time. It’s too easy not too.
What Vegetables Go In Teriyaki Veggie Bowls?
You will want to choose good, fresh vegetables for your veggie bowls.
These include, mushrooms, carrots, sugar snap peas, broccoli, white or yellow onion, bell peppers-any color, green onion, water chestnuts, and baby corn.
You could also add, bok choy, cabbage, asparagus, zucchini, mung bean sprouts, or spicy peppers.
Mix and match to your own taste and desire.
What Rice is Best For Teriyaki Vegetable Bowls?
Teriyaki vegetable bowls are traditionally made with sticky or white rice.
They can also be made with brown rice.
More TERIYAKI Recipes:
- Teriyaki Chicken Casserole
- Teriyaki Chicken Pasta Salad
- Teriyaki Beef Casserole
- Easy Chicken Teriyaki
- Teriyaki Pina Colada Burger
- Easy Teriyaki Chicken Salad
- Teriyaki Beef Wrap
- Teriyaki Chicken Quesadilla
- Pina Colada Teriyaki Chicken Strips
- Chicken Noodles
- All our family friendly ASIAN INSPIRED RECIPES here!
Teriyaki Veggie Bowls
Teriyaki Veggie Bowls
- Cooked White or Brown Rice
For the Sauce (see note)
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar depending on your brand of soy sauce you could use more or less
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon Garlic oil see note
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 zucchini chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 cup steamed broccoli chopped
- 1 cup green beans and peas
- 1 large carrot peeled and chopped
- 1 yellow crook neck squash chopped
- 1/3 cup baby corn
- In a small bowl, combine the sauce ingredients and set aside.
- In a large saute pan over medium heat, add the garlic oil and butter.
- As the butter melts down, add the veggies and stir fry until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Make sure your pan is big enough that they don't steam.
- Quickly remove from the heat and stir in the sauce.
- Allow to sit in the hot pan over a turned off but still warm burner for a few minutes, stirring often and serve over rice.
Garlic oil is sold in most grocery stores by olive oil or you can make your own by mincing garlic into a bowl of oil and allowing to sit for 30 minutes.