For a long time I have been trying fruit salsa recipes, but not liking any of them. I decided to give up on others and just try my own version and it was wonderful if I do say so myself. As you can see in the picture, by the last strawberry I was sick of chopping so I sliced that one, but the others are all chopped as they should be for a salsa.
This recipe is so easy and you could seriously just sit there and eat it with a spoon. Summer is almost gone so I say hurry and buy up the last of the fruit and makes this before the cold weather comes to stay. Plus, you can’t really tell me that those cinnamon sugar chips are totally tempting, can you? Oh my goodness, they are wonderful!
We are big time obsessed with a Tortilla Land uncooked tortillas. Have you tried them yet? We buy them at Costco so that we get even more. Not only do they work the absolute best for Mexican food, but they are awesome for desserts, chips etc. Seriously. Try a basic quesadilla with them versus a pre-made tortilla and you’ll never go back. We make our chips two ways depending on time. Our first way we lightly oil or butter the freshly cooked tortillas, slice into wedge and dredge in cinnamon sugar and then bake, while the second version we fry them up, cooked or uncooked and then dredge in cinnamon sugar. Really the only difference is the crispiness, cooked tortillas get crispier.
What Is The Difference Between Peaches And Nectarines?
Peaches have a fuzzy coating, and nectarines are smooth, without the fuzz.
Peaches are usually larger, softer and juicier than nectarines, and they have a rounder pit.
Nectarines are usually smaller and sweeter than peaches.
Nectarines have more vitamin C, potassium and twice the amount of vitamin A than a peach.
Is Kiwi Nutritious?
Kiwis are full of nutrients like vitamin C, vitamin K, vitamin E, folate, and potassium.
Kiwis also have a lot of antioxidants and fiber.
How Do You Tell If A Mango Is Ripe?
Gently squeeze a mango in the palm of your hand.
If it gives slightly, the mango is ripe and the meat will be soft.
- 2 Peaches chopped
- 2 Nectarines chopped
- 4 Kiwi peeled and chopped
- 1 Mango peeled and chopped
- 2 Containers of Strawberries chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1/4 Cup Strawberry jam freezer jam is best if you have it
For the Cinnamon Sugar Chips
- 6 Uncooked Tortillas you can buy these at costco or in the cheese section of the grocery store
- 2 TB unsalted butter melted
- 1/2 Cup Cinnamon Sugar
- Add all of the fruit to a large bowl, drizzle with lemon juice and jam and lightly fold everything together.
For the cinnamon sugar chips
- Cook the tortillas over medium heat in a pan.
- Remove and brush with melted butter.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and slice into triangles. (we use a pizza cutter or chefs knife to make it go faster).
- Place parchment paper on a cookie sheet and bake at 400 for 5-8 min depending on how long they take to crisp (one batch took 10 min for us so I think I must have not pre cooked those very well).
- Serve with salsa!!