This garlicy, buttery, cheesy deliciousness is one of our all time favorite foods to enjoy on the weekends. We pull out a favorite movie, or rent one from redbox and then make this cheesy bread. It is perfection. Seriously. We’ve used a combination of olive oil and Land O’ Lakes melted butter.
In my personal opinion the dough makes all the difference. I hate when I eat a pizza that tastes more like bread. It should taste like light, airy, crisp on the edges and bottom pizza dough.
Every other pizza dough that we’ve tried has turned out pretty good, but it’s clearly homemade and never puffs all bubbly like a Pizzeria. This recipe, totally did the bubbly thing. I mean, check out that monster right there! I love it. I truly do.
And then you cut into it. This whole entire pan was devoured less than 3 seconds after this photo. Literally. The family heard the click and dove right in. Oh my cheesy deliciousness. That is all. Just make this.
Can You Use Regular Yeast Instead of Instant Yeast?
Active dry yeast and instant yeast can generally be used interchangeably, in equal amounts.
Active dry yeast may take longer to rise, so you may need to add 15-20 minutes to your rise time.
How Do You Freeze Bread Dough?
Prepare bread dough as per recipe.
Let rise one time, and then divide into desired portions.
Wrap loosely in plastic and place in a freezer safe container.
Or, place on baking sheet in freezer for 1-2 hours, or until frozen.
Transfer to heavy duty freezer bags.
Can Cheesy Bread Sticks Be Reheated?
Wrap cheese sticks in foil, tenting the top a little so it doesn’t stick to the cheese.
Place in 350 degree oven for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and bread stick is warm.
Garlic Cheese Bread
Garlic Cheesy Bread
- 5 1/4 cups Flour lukewarm
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Instant Yeast
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 Cup sugar
- 1 1/2 nickle sized drops of soy lecithin
- 2 cups Warm Water
- 4 Tablespoons Butter unsalted
- 1 1/2-2 Teaspoons Johny's Garlic Seasoning
- 4 Cups Mozzarella shredded cheese
For the Dough
- In the bowl of your standing mixer, fitted with the dough hook attachment, mix the yeast, salt, sugar, and flour.
- Stop the mixer and add the soy lecithin, then mix again. Keeping the mixer running add the water and mix until smooth.
- Transfer dough to large bowl. Cover (not airtight), and allow to rest at room temperature until dough rises, about 15 minutes.
For the Cheese Bread
- Heat the oven to 500 degrees.
- Place the cast iron pizza pan or pizza stone (unless you are using a metal pizza pan) in the oven to heat up.
- Melt the butter in a small dish.
- Add the garlic salt and stir to combine.
- Roll out the pizza dough on a floured work surface (we actually do the ol' toss method which keeps our dough nice and airy)
- Top with cheese and slide the dough carefully onto the hot pizza pan and place right back in the oven.
- Bake for 5-10 minutes or until hot and bubbly then brush with the garlic butter mixture
*The author received product samples and a gift package from Land O’Lakes, including a serving bowl, measuring spoons, butter dish and skillet, for recipe development and review purposes. All opinions are my own.