It is 3 simple ingredients, 2 easy steps and everyone’s favorite part of a pie. It’s the trusty ol’ traditional graham cracker crust!
I have no reason for this post other than the fact that I often forget the measurements, sooooo this recipe is not for you, it’s for me. Now I can google my own recipe which is faster than pulling down a recipe box.
Annnnd wanna know a secret? I was in such a hurry to photograph this recipe as I was making my key lime pie that I accidentally used more graham cracker crumbs, like a lot more than I should have.
It still turned out.
I still win. 🙂
Ingredients for Graham Cracker Crust
As promised, just 3 ingredients is all you need:
- Graham Cracker Crumbs
The measurements for each can be found in the recipe card below.
How to Make Graham Cracker Crumbs
You can buy graham cracker crumbs these days, but I still like to make my own. I take the graham cracker sheets and break them in half or fourths and then throw them into my Blendtec. That baby just pulverizes those crackers and it’s beautiful! So easy!
You can also use a food processor or stick them in a ziploc bag and smash them with a rolling pin.
How to Make Graham Cracker Crust
Here are the two easy steps I mentioned. It’s pretty dangerous that something so good can be so easy to make!
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl until well combined and press into a pie plate.
- PRO TIP: I like to use the bottom of a flat measuring cup like the one pictured below to press the crumb mixture into the pie plate and up the sides.
- Bake and then let cool.
How Many Graham Crackers to Make 2 Cups of Crumbs?
It takes 44 crackers (or 11 sheets) to make 2 cups of crumbs.
What Can You Use Instead of Butter In Graham Cracker Crust?
You can use melted margarine or coconut oil.
Can Graham Cracker Crust Be Frozen?
Graham cracker crust freezes well. It will keep for 2-3 months in the freezer.
So there it is! Short and sweet, quick and easy…tradition graham cracker crust for all your cheesecake and pie needs!
Recipes that Use Graham Cracker Crusts:
- Lemon Blueberry No Bake Cheesecake
- Peanut Butter Banana Cream Pie
- Mini Strawberry Cheesecakes
- Lemon Raspberry Cheesecake Bars
- Caramel Cheesecake Bars
- Mini Cheesecakes with Raspberry Sauce
- Lime Cheesecake with Triple Berry Sauce
- White Chocolate Coconut Cream Pie
Preorder our new book!
This unique cookbook guides the way through every step, including meal lists and easy-to-follow recipes, and features dollops of heartwarming family stories.
Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 1/2 Cups Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 7 Tablespoons Butter melted
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Press into a 9" pie dish and bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven to cool.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO our FREE Oh Sweet Basil NEWSLETTER AND RECEIVE EASY RECIPES DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY DAY!
When you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #ohsweetbasil on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured in our stories! FOLLOW OH, SWEET BASIL ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF OUR LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND STORIES.