I feel like I can’t ever gather enough soup recipes. There’s always another dinner at a friend’s house or restaurant find that gives me more ideas for soup. This Italian Soup from a friend is the perfect example.
So delicious and so, so, sooo easy! This Italian Soup recipe is perfect for those chilly days where you have a long list of things to do and just thinking about dinner gives you a head ache. Just put everything in your crock pot in the morning and by dinner time you’ll have a fantastic smelling soup that will satisfy everyone’s growling tummies. And we do know that’s exactly how everyone’s tummies sound right before dinner. That last half hour before we eat is always the worst. Especially with kids. Not only are the adults all ready to eat, but the kiddos are begging for a snack, treat or anything at all. And can you blame them? You’re already hungry but then watching and smelling dinner cooking is like pure torture. I feel so guilty telling the kids not to eat and there I stand snitching in everything I’m cooking! It always smells so good! The slow cooker though? It’s an awesome solution, it’s cooking all day and I don’tn have to stand there eating everything before it even makes it to the table.
Are Brats The Same As Italian Sausage?
Italian sausage is pork sausage and can be sweet, (mild) or hot.
Italian sausage is flavored with fennel and garlic, a little chili pepper is added to make “hot” Italian sausage.
Brats are a German sausage made from veal, beef, or most commonly pork.
Brats are seasoned with leeks, chives, or green onions.
Is Celery Nutritious?
Celery is rich in vitamin K, and it also contains folate, vitamin A, potassium, and vitamin C.
Celery is a good source of dietary fiber.
How Long Will Soup Keep?
Soup can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
You can freeze soup for 4-6 months.
Recipe By Stephanie N.
- 24 oz Italian Sausage (We use Mild)
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, Minced
- 1 Large Onion, Minced (We use 3/4 of an onion)
- 2 (15 oz) Can of Diced Tomatoes
- 3 (10 1/2 oz) Cans of Beef Broth
- 1 (10 1/2 oz) Can of Chicken Broth
- 4 Cans of Water
- 1/2 Teaspoon Basil (We us 1 teaspoon fresh, chopped basil)
- 3 Tablespoons Parsley (We use 6 Tablespoons Fresh Chopped Parsley)
- 2 Teaspoons Sugar
- 2 Small Zucchini Squash, sliced
- 2 Carrots, chopped
- 2 Ribs of Celery, sliced
- 3 Cups Bow Tie Pasta
- Brown sausage and drain off all of the fat.
- Place all ingredients in a crock pot except the pasta and simmer all day, or you can just simmer in a pot for 20 min until tender.
- Cook the pasta and add to soup right before serving.
We eat ours in bread bowls or with a toasted baguette and fresh Parmesan cheese.
Serving Size:1 recipe
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 4241 Saturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 517.1mg Sodium: 0mg Carbohydrates: 399.4g Fiber: 46.9g Sugar: 52.7g Protein: 166.7g