Cut the carbs and keep the flavor with this keto pizza with spaghetti squash crust. Indulge in this healthy, heavenly pizza!
I have mixed feelings about the keto diet, I’m not totally sold on any diet, more a balanced diet of many things vs full on cutting out, but I know a lot of you are all about it, so here is a keto approved pizza crust that will bring pizza night back into your week!
I did all sorts of research on keto pizza crust and almost everything talked about fathead pizza dough. And while that sounded alright, I thought, let’s not even pretend to make a dough and just use spaghetti squash! You loved our zucchini pizza crust, so I thought…why not spaghetti squash?
We were coming off of our quarterly detox and trying to incorporate more veggies into our diet and fully expected the kids to pout and whine.
I prepped the crust that morning and then threw it together at dinner. I didn’t say a single word and just served it up. Not one peep and my 5yo had 4 pieces! While cleaning up it dawned on me that it was squash and told everyone and the kids were shocked!
This crust is not limp or soggy, and makes the perfect base for all your favorite pizza toppings!
Ingredients List for Keto Pizza
Only a few ingredients are needed to make this keto pizza crust recipe! Grab a spaghetti squash, some a eggs and a couple of cheeses and you’ll be right on your way! Here is your grocery list:
- Spaghetti Squash
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Parmesan Cheese
- Garlic Powder
- Italian Seasoning
- Pizza Sauce
Head down to the recipe card for all the measurements.
How to Make Keto Pizza with Spaghetti Squash Crust
First of all, if you don’t already have a batch of our favorite pizza sauce already in the fridge, start by making that! Then we will jump into making the crust.
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half, scoop out the seeds and strings in the middle, and brush with olive oil.
- Place them cut side down on a cookie sheet lined with parchment and bake for 50-60 minutes.
- Remove them from the oven and let them cool.
- Use a fork to remove all the squash from the skin and place it on a fine mesh cheese clothe or dish towel.
- Squeeze the heck out of it removing as much moisture as possible.
- Whisk together the eggs and some of the mozzarella, then add the parmesan and spices and stir everything together.
- Add the cooled squash to the bowl and stir again.
- Press the squash into a 12″ circle on a parchment lined cookie sheet that has been sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Bake until golden brown.
Then your crust is ready to go! Add your sauce, cheese, and toppings and bake for 10 minutes more! See section below for some of our favorite topping combos.
Possible Keto Pizza Topping Combos
Margarita: pizza sauce, fresh mozzarella, and fresh basil
Caprese: pizza sauce, fresh mozzarella, fresh basil, and a balsamic vinegar drizzle
BBQ Chicken: BBQ sauce, shredded rotisserie chicken, mozzarella cheese, red onion, and chopped cilantro
Meat Lovers: pizza sauce, mozzarella, pepperoni, sausage, bacon, ham, salami
Pesto Pepperoni and Sausage: pesto, mozzarella, pepperoni, sausage
Is Spaghetti Squash Pizza Crust Gluten Free?
Yes, there is no gluten in spaghetti squash pizza crust.
Is Spaghetti Squash Good For You?
Spaghetti squash is rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. It is also low carb.
Whether you’re trying to incorporate more veggies into your diet or you are trying to go more low carb, you don’t have to miss out on pizza with this keto pizza crust! What toppings are you putting on yours?
Other Low Carb Recipes
- Cheesy Ground Beef and Cauliflower Rice Casserole
- Low Carb Lunch Meal Prep
- Garlic Herb Cauliflower Rice
- Roasted Butternut Squash Kale Salad
- Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice
- Hawaiian Ham Pineapple Casserole
Our new book is now available!
This unique cookbook guides the way through every step, including meal lists and easy-to-follow recipes, and features dollops of heartwarming family stories.
Keto Pizza with Spaghetti Squash Crust
- 1 Spaghetti Squash large
- 2 Eggs large
- 1/2 Cup Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/3 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian Seasoning dry
- Pinch Salt
- 1-1 1/2 Cups Mozzarella Cheese shredded
- Pizza Sauce of choice
- Toppings of choice
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Cut squash in half and discard seeds and strings. Brush with olive oil inside the halves and place cut side down on a cookie sheet. Bake 50-60 minutes or until tender and remove to cool.
- Using a fork, remove squash into a fine mesh cheese clothe or dish towel.
- Squeeze out as much moisture as possible.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs and 1/2 cup mozzarella. Add the parmesan and spices and stir.
- Carefully slide the cooled squash in the bowl and stir again.
- Line a large cookie sheet with parchment and spray with nonstick spray. Press the squash into a 12” circle and bake 20 minutes or until golden.
- Add toppings and bake again for 10 more minutes
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO our FREE Oh Sweet Basil NEWSLETTER AND RECEIVE EASY RECIPES DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY DAY!
When you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #ohsweetbasil on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured in our stories! FOLLOW OH, SWEET BASIL ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF OUR LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND STORIES.