These pork nachos will knock your boots off. In fact, they will probably knock you naked. And it will be worth it. They are the best dang nachos I’ve ever had. EVER. And that’s saying a lot because I really thought we loved our Tropical Nachos with mangoes, wontons, that yummy sweet chili sauce…mmmmmm. Seriously though, these rocked our world.
I was making nachos for a football game and told Mr Handsome to come try a bite. I ran over to take my little C. to the restroom and when I returned he was devouring the pork nachos.
These nachos, are super easy to make, and I love that you can make a fresh roast or just use leftovers from dinner the night before. BOO-YAH. So, all you need is a yummy pork roast, we chose to use Harmon’s Spoon Roast (if you live in Utah and you have not purchased a spoon roast get on that. Seriously, you are missing out on the best roast ever and the best part it, it’s even seasoned for you. Just keep it in the paper it’s wrapped in and throw it in a low crockpot or 250 degree oven and then enjoy the juiciest pork EVER), Pinto beans, sauteed peppers, Pina Colada sauce *recipe follows, and loads of Colby Jack Cheese. Oh, and the Tostitos Scoops Chips. They are the best for nachos since they keep everything in a perfect bite.
I’m actually a bit of a weirdo with nachos. I don’t like mine piled high like they are in the other pictures. I eat mine like above. You see, I want every single chip to be the perfect bite. Many nachos (ballpark, you know I love you, but you are totally guilty of this) are fantastic for the first few bites, but as you make your way into them the second and bottom layer are always totally dry! SO LAME. So, I lay all of my scoops out and fill each one with the perfect bite. Gosh, those are seriously so yummy. MMMMMM.
What Cut Of Pork Is Best For Shredded Pork?
Most barbecue restaurants use whole pork shoulders, but they are hard to find in a grocery store.
If you can’t find a whole pork shoulder, Boston butt is the best choice.
But, pulled pork can be made from any fatty pork roast.
What Is A Good Substitute For Pinto Beans?
Great northern beans can be used in any recipe that calls for pinto beans.
Can Nachos Be Reheated?
Do not reheat in the microwave as the chips will become soft and soggy.
You can put the Nachos in an oven-safe pan and broil for about 1-3 minutes.
Pork Nachos with Pina Colada Sauce
Maui Baby Pork Nachos with Pina Colada Sauce
For the Nachos
- 1 Pork Butt (3-4lbs)
- 2 Cans Pinto Beans, drained and rinsed, and heated through
- 1/2 Lb Colby Jack Cheese
- Tostitos Scoop Chips
- 1 Bag Mini Sweet Peppers, Chopped
- Olive Oil
- Pina Colada Sauce
For the Pina Colada Sauce
- 1 Small Can Crushed Pineapple
- 2/3 Cup Cream Of Coconut (Found by the margarita mixes and alcohol, usually in a can)
- 1/3 Cup Sour Cream
For the pork
- Rub a boneless pork with olive oil and hawaiian or sea salt and cook in a slow cooker for 8 hours on low, shredding the meat at the end.
For the Sauce
- In a small bowl, mix together the cream of coconut, pineapple, and sour cream.
- Set aside.
For the Nachos
- Heat a large skillet to medium heat with a swirl of olive oil. Once the oil is shimmering, add the peppers and saute until tender.
- Heat the oven to Broil.
- Line the chips up on a parchment or foil lined baking sheet.
- Place a little of the cooked pork in each chip, topped by beans, pina colada sauce, cheese and peppers.
- Place in the oven for 1-3 minutes or until the cheese is gooey.
Yield: 1 recipe, Serving Size: 1
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 5734 Calories
- Total Fat: 322.1g
- Cholesterol: 1239.6mg
- Carbohydrates: 326.6g
- Fiber: 46.4g
- Sugar: 179.4g
- Protein: 377.4g
Ok, I realize that these may not be the best for your diet, so here are a few other recipes that still use all of that dairy deliciousness, but in a healthier way.