Holy Hannah. This stuff is fantastic. You may not think about lemon syrup when you normally thimk about pancakes or any hot breakfast, but please let me convince you. The other day I had a bunch of meyer lemons to use and it was a saturday so we were wanting something special for breakfast.
I started to get everything out for buttermilk syrup and I suddenly realized that these new Greek yogurt pancakes I had made would be delicious with Meyer Lemon Syrup. MMMMMMM. Ding, ding, ding! We were literally licking our plates. It’s so creamy and bright. Oh, it’s so good!!!
Should Syrup be Refrigerated?
Syrup should be stored in the refrigerator.
Refrigeration will inhibit the growth of mold.
Is Meyer Lemon the Same a Lemon?
Meyer lemons don’t have the same tang as regular lemons.
Meyer lemons are a cross between regular lemon and mandarin orange.
What can You Substitute for Meyer Lemon?
If it is hard to find Meyer lemons, you can substitute a combination of juice or zest.
To replace the juice (or zest) of 1 Meyer lemon, simply swap in the juice (…or zest) of 1/2 a tangerine and 1/2 a regular lemon.
All our AMAZING SYRUP recipes:
- Buttermilk Syrup
- Coconut Buttermilk
- Buttermilk Maple Syrup
- Peanut Butter Maple Syrup
- Milky Way Syrup
- Creamy Marionberry Syrup
- Creamy Chocolate Syrup
- Strawberry Syrup
- Reese’s Syrup
Meyer Lemon Syrup
Meyer Lemon Syrup
Recipe adapted from Mom's old Buttermilk recipe
- 1 Stick Unsalted Butter, 1/2 Cup
- 1 Cup White Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Karo Syrup
- 1/2 Cup Whole Milk
- 1/2 Cup Meyer Lemon Juice
- Zest of 1 Meyer Lemon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- In a heavy bottomed sauce pan, add the butter, karo syrup, sugar, milk, lemon juice, and the lemon zest.
- Heat over medium heat until the sugar is dissolved.
- Bring to a boil and then take off the heat.
- Quickly add the baking soda and place back on the heat stirring continuously.
- Stir for one minute and remove from the heat.
- This can easily boil over. Many times I wont even put it back on the heat.