My new favorite pancakes. Meyer Lemon Pancakes made with Greek Yogurt. Yes, they are light, fluffy, and pretty amazing. I love them. A lot. I think some fresh berries would be fabulous with these, but that’s for another day.
My husband and I have become slightly picky about pancakes. I hate the flat, almost spongy pancakes. I’m more the fluffy, light, airy pancake person. These pancakes are a little healthier thanks to the greek yogurt and the lemon juice versus butter and milk. Well, there is some milk, but just a bit. These are not overpowering in lemon flavor. In fact if you weren’t thinking about it you would probably just comment on how light and fresh these taste. I love lemon flavor, but I also adore when something has a little something, but you can’t quite put your finger on what’s different. Now, anyone who is thoughtful about food will be able to tell there is a citrus under tone, but because it’s meyer lemon it doesn’t have that harsh tang like a normal lemon.
Make sure to check out the Meyer Lemon Syrup! IT. IS. AMAZING.
What is a Meyer Lemon?
Meyer lemons are a cross between a regular lemon and a mandarin orange.
Do Meyer Lemons Taste Different Than Regular Lemons?
Meyer lemons are moderately acidic, but don’t have the same tang as regular lemons.
Meyer lemons are much sweeter than regular lemons.
Can Pancake Batter Be Made Ahead of Time?
You can prepare pancake and waffle batter ahead of time.
It should be stored in the refrigerator until you are ready to use it.
Set it out of the refrigerator for a few minutes and let it warm up before using it.
Baking powder can lose some of its potency overnight, so you may want to add a little and stir gently before cooking your pancakes.
More PANCAKES Recipes:
- Melt in Your Mouth Buttermilk Pancakes
- White Chocolate Blueberry Pancakes
- Cinnamon Burst Pancakes
- Whole Wheat Buttermilk Pancakes
- Glazed Donuts Pancakes
- Maple Bar Pancakes
- Melt in Your Mouth Whole Wheat Pumpkin Pie Pancakes
- Chocolate Chip Pancake Recipe
- Brown Sugar Peach Pancakes
- Carrot Cake Pancakes
- Healthy Wild Blueberry Cottage Cheese Pancakes
- Skinny Strawberry Shortcake Gluten Free Pancakes
- Melt in Your Mouth Sour Cream Pancakes
- Blueberry Pecan Pancakes
- All our SWEET BREAKFAST RECIPES here!
Meyer Lemon Pancakes
Preorder our new book!
This unique cookbook guides the way through every step, including meal lists and easy-to-follow recipes, and features dollops of heartwarming family stories.
Meyer Lemon and Greek Yogurt Pancakes
Recipe from me
- 3 Tablespoons White Sugar
- 1 1/2 Cups Flour
- 1 1/4 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 Cup Greek Yogurt Plain Chobani
- Zest Of one Meyer Lemon
- 3/4 Cup Milk I used Lowfat, but 2% or whole would be great to taste a little bit more rich
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon Meyer Lemon Juice
- 3 Eggs Large
- In a bowl mix together the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, slightly mix the eggs and then add all wet ingredients.
- Whisk the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. The batter should be very thick.
- Spray a griddle with nonstick spray and heat to medium heat.
- Ladle about 1/4-1/3 cup of batter onto the hot griddle and cook until the bubbles form and are starting to burst.
- Flip over the pancake and cook until set.
- Quickly spread a thin layer of butter on each pancake and top with syrup of choice (but seriously, you have to try the meyer lemon syrup. YUM!)