Cade and I are big believers in date night. Whether it’s a home or away, we love spending time with just the two of us. Don’t get me wrong, we are all about family time too. In fact not only do we have Family Home Evening every Monday night, which has brought our family closer and helped us to teach our daughter’s about who they are, where they came from and who they are meant to be, but we also have a little family time later in the week too. But dating your spouse is probably the best thing you could do for your children. Well, besides making these monster cookie bars, or these deep fried peaches of course.
I know, people talk about couples spending quality time together all the time, but guess what I’m going to go ahead and blab about it anyway. You see, tonight once the kids go to bed it’s all about us. No phones, no internet, just lots of dessert. Haha, not really, but it is part of it. It can be easy to get into a routine of picking up the house once kids are in bed (one day I’ll tell you why I disagree with that), surfing the web or whatever, but if you take the time to plan out something just for the two of you I promise you’ll have so much fun. Cade’s in meetings right now, but when he gets home late tonight he will discover a delicious dessert, a bunch of hilarious youtube videos I’ve already pulled up and a little love note from me. Cheesy and lame? Possibly to you, but what’s more fun then laughing and eating and then ending the night with someone telling you how much they adore you?
So monster cookie bars aren’t just dessert for us. It’s a silly date night and the next one will be something totally different. And my favorite part? The more I surprise him and cherish our relationship the more he does it for me too. I just stinking love that guy.
How Long Will Cookie Bars Keep?
Bar cookies will keep 3-4 days at room temperature.
They should be kept in an airtight container or covered tightly with plastic wrap or foil.
Can You Freeze Frosted Cookie Bars?
Iced or decorated cookie bars should be stored in layers, with parchment, wax, or freezer paper between the layers so that the decorations stay intact.
They can be kept in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Are Raisins Good For You?
Raisins are good for you.
They are packed with energy and rich in fiber, vitamins, and minerals.
Raisins can aid digestion, boost iron levels, and keep your bones strong.
Monster Cookie Bars
Monster Cookie Bars
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups quick rolled oats
- 1 1/4 cup m&m's
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons cocoa
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer, add the butter, sugars and peanut butter.
- Mix until creamed and smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until well combined.
- In a small bowl, add the flour, salt, baking soda and oats.
- Whisk together and add to the mixer.
- Mix until combined and add the m&m's, chocolate chips and raisins.
- Pat into a greased 9x13" baking pan and bake for 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 5-8 minutes and frost.
- We like to serve warm, but cooled works as well.
For the frosting
- In a large bowl, combine the frosting ingredients with a hand held mixer until smooth. Frost the brownies and serve.