This lighter version of parmesan chicken is so simple and yet so delicious. You’ll love it!
Please pardon that huge piece of Parmesan in the picture. I didn’t notice it had slid down in front.
We may even like this lighter version better than my original Parmesan Chicken with the sauce and mounds of mozzarella. I love how light and fresh it tastes and the chicken is crazy moist. It’s nice to have a meal where you can still eat great tasting food without feeling weighed down and completely stuffed afterwards. I think everyone should make this parmesan chicken!
Parmesan Chicken… the lighter version
Recipe By Ina Garten
- 4 to 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 extra-large eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 1/4 cups seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan, plus extra for serving
- Unsalted butter
- Good olive oil
- Salad greens for 6, washed and spun dry
- 1 recipe Lemon Vinaigrette, recipe follows
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (2 lemons)
- 1/2 cup good olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
For the Parmesan Chicken
- Pound the chicken breasts until they are 1/4-inch thick. You can use either a meat mallet or a rolling pin.
- Combine the flour, salt, and pepper on a dinner plate.
- On a second plate, beat the eggs with 1 tablespoon of water.
- On a third plate, combine the bread crumbs and 1/2 cup grated Parmesan.
- Coat the chicken breasts on both sides with the flour mixture, then dip both sides into the egg mixture and dredge both sides in the bread-crumb mixture, pressing lightly.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of butter and 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large saute pan and cook 2 or 3 chicken breasts on medium-low heat for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, until cooked through.
- Add more butter and oil and cook the rest of the chicken breasts.
- Toss the salad greens with lemon vinaigrette.
- Place a mound of salad on each hot chicken breast.
- Serve with extra grated Parmesan.
For the Vinaigrette
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
Yield: , Serving Size: 1
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 3995 Calories
- Total Fat: 177.7g
- Cholesterol: 1447.9mg
- Carbohydrates: 208.3g
- Fiber: 11.8g
- Sugar: 13.5g
- Protein: 372.4g