I know, you don’t think you need a chicken parmesan subs recipe, right? You would think that you could just stick our absolutely delicious recipe for chicken parmesan in a hoagie and all would be well, but you would be wrong. We’ve got a few secrets that are very important.
These chicken parm subs were so so yummy. If you live in Utah you may have visited a sandwich shop called, Moochies. It’s delicious, sloppy, fattening and perfect. I decided to make our own version of the chicken parmesan sub from there and oh my! It was really quite yummy.
All of the different flavors used in this sammy really come together and make what could look like just another ordinary sandwich into something worth drooling over. Fresh bread, meat sauce, delicious, melty cheese and the secret.
First, you need to buy the best bread you can find. It needs to be soft and squishy but still firm and solid enough to handle this baby. Then the important part, I insist that you cut open the bread, butter both sides, sprinkle each side with garlic salt like Johnny’s or Lawry’s that have the parsley etc. Now toast it in the oven and then add sauce to the bottom piece. You can use marinara, but a meat sauce actually enhances the whole sandwich. Add your chicken and enjoy!
Are Sub Sandwiches The Same As Hoagies?
Sub sandwiches are the same thing as hero, grinder, baguette, and hoagies.
They may be called by different names in different locations.
They are all a type of sandwich that consists of a long roll of bread split width wise into two pieces, and filled with a variety of meats, cheeses, vegetables, seasonings, and sauces.
Does Parmesan Chicken Use Mozerella Cheese?
Chicken parmesan is made with mozerella cheese, and/or provelone.
Is Chicken Parmigiana The Same As Chicken Parmesan?
Chicken parmigiana and chicken paresan are the same dish.
It’s a breaded chicken breast with lots of melted mozzarella and/or provolone.
Chicken Parmesan Subs
- 2 Small Cans Tomato Sauce
- 1 Large Can Diced Tomatoes with Garlic and Basil
- 3 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 1/2 Sweet onion or 2 shallots, minced
- 1/2 Pkg Johnsonville Sweet Italian Sausage
- 1/2 Lb Ground Turkey
- 1 Splash Red Wine (we use cooking red wine and I think it works great)
- salt and pepper
For the Chicken
For the sandwich
- 4 Hoagie rolls
- Unsalted Butter
- Garlic Salt (we prefer Johnny's or Lawry's)
- Drizzle olive oil in a large pan and heat to med.
- Add onion and cook until translucent.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add meat and cook until just barely done.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, kosher salt and fresh black pepper to taste.
- Simmer for 1 hour.
- Cook the chicken and proceed by heating the oven to broil.
- Butter the insides of the bread and sprinkle with garlic salt.
- Add a spoonful or two of sauce to the bottom and place the chicken on top.
- Cover the chicken in the sauce and add cheese.
- Place under the broiler until the cheese is bubbly and add a dash of parsley to brighten the meal.
You can use jarred sauce to save time.
Serving Size:1 hoagie
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 300 Saturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 42.3mg Sodium: 0mg Carbohydrates: 34.7g Fiber: 5g Sugar: 9.6g Protein: 19g