So you think a juicy burger sounds good? Try this pepperoni pizza burger instead and let your taste buds go crazy! So delicious!
What is it about pepperoni that makes kids go wild? It’s funny to me that our littlest doesn’t really like cheese pizza, but you add pepperoni and she can’t get to it fast enough. I mean, every other bite of pizza is just cheese pizza! I haven’t sold her on burgers yet so while we were visiting my parents earlier this year we made a pepperoni pizza burger.
The whole family loved it! The secret to really taking this burger up a notch is in the pepperoni. Don’t just throw it on there. First, lay them out between two paper towels and microwave for 15 seconds so they get a little crisp around the edges. It adds a little texture to the burger I’m sure you’ll love.
What Ground Beef is Best for Grilled Burgers?
Ground chuck, ground sirloin, ground round, or ground beef with a fat content no greater than 20%.
Can Pepperoni be Left Out?
Pepperoni should be refrigerated.
It will last 2-3 weeks in the refrigerator.
You can freeze pepperoni for 6-8 months.
Will Pepperoni Hurt a Dog?
One or two slices of pepperoni will not harm a dog.
Dogs can get sick from eating a large amount of dried sausage.
Pepperoni Pizza Burger
Pepperoni Pizza Burger
- 1 pound 80% Lean Ground Beef
- 1/4 pound Spicy or Mild Italian Sausage
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Seasoning with herbs
- Pizza Sauce
- Mozzarella Cheese shredded
- Heat the grill to high heat.
- In a small bowl, melt the butter then stir in the seasoning.
- Place the pepperoni in between two paper towels, not overlapping each other.
- Microwave for 15 seconds and set aside.
- Shape the meat into 4 patties, place a little sausage in the middle of each and gently fold together then shape into patties again and sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Turn the heat to medium high and place each patty on the grill for 2-3 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, brush each bun with the butter mixture and place on the grill for a minute or until grill marks appear.
- Place a patty on each bun, top with a little sauce and cheese, then the pepperoni. I like to put this on a pan and place them under a broiler, but you could also turn off half of the grill, set them on tin foil and close the lid to melt the cheese.
- Sprinkle a little parmesan cheese and top with the lid of the buns.
Jalapeño & Cheddar Pretzel Hot Dog Buns with Turkey Chili Cheese is like the mother of all hot dogs. Those pretzel buns are awesome!
Mexican Turkey Burgers won me over, how about you? I pretty much think you are going to love it. I’m pretty pretty sure! So try this today!
2 secrets for the best hamburger! Are you still buying ground beef in the package and pressing the meat out into a disc? Stop! Let’s try a new way.