Hi friends! Melanie again from Garnish & Glaze. Today I’m sharing a quick recipe for rocky road fudge for you to enjoy and share during the holidays… or really any time of the year.
December is such a busy time with getting ready for Christmas, attending parties, ending the school semester, packing to leave town, purchasing and making gifts… the list goes on. So for those of you who are crazy busy or just want something delish, this Rocky Road Fudge is for you! It takes less then 10 minutes to whip up.
With just 4 ingredients and a microwave, how much easier do things get?! Seriously, I think the hardest part is waiting for the fudge to set up… and keeping my daughter from eating the rest of the bag of marshmallows.
I used semi-sweet chocolate in this fudge but if you’re not a dark chocoalte fan, use milk chocoalte chips instead. Enjoy!
What Nuts Can You Substitute for Walnuts in Recipes?
If you are looking for a substitute for walnuts, there are several nuts that will work just fine.
Black walnuts or other nuts such as pecans or cashews may be substituted.
Can Fudge Be Frozen?
Fudge can be frozen with excellent results.
Wrap the pieces individually and place in a freezer bag.
Remove from the freezer and allow to sit at room temperature for two hours.
Fudge will keep in the freezer for several months.
Why is Fudge Sometimes Grainy?
Large sugar crystals in the fudge will make it grainy.
To avoid this, let the fudge cool without stirring.
More Candy Recipes You’ll Love:
- Chocolate Covered Coconut Balls
- Chocolate Fudge
- Oreo Peanut Butter Truffles
- White Chocolate Peppermint Cream Cheese Mints
- Salted Caramel Pretzel Snaps
- Red Velvet Truffles
- Salted Milk Chocolate Homemade Caramels
- 6 Minute Microwave Caramels
- Twix Ritz
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffles
- All our CANDY RECIPES here!
Rocky Road Fudge
Rocky Road Fudge
- 2 cups chocolate chips, I used semi-sweet
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk, 14 ounce
- 2 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 1/2 cups walnuts, roughly chopped
- Line a 9x9 inch pan with foil and then grease lighly with butter.
- Place chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk in a bowl and microwave for 1 minutes.
- Stir and then microwave in 15 second increments until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Mix in the marshmallows and nuts and pour into pan.
- Place in fridge for 2+ hours until set and then cut into squares.
- Store in an air tight container in the fridge.
Connect with Melanie: