An easy, no fail fudge recipe that only takes a few minutes to make. This fudge will satisfy even a chocoholic’s cravings!
Ohhhhh so it finally happened, I made fudge.
Actually, I finally ATE fudge.
That’s right, make fun all you want, but I don’t have a single memory of eating fudge as a kid. I do know that it’s delicious now though!
Last summer we visited my parents in Rexburg, Idaho where there’s a darling little farmer’s market that has beautiful produce from locals but also really delicious treats and snacks. One place in particular has a variety of fudge flavors and Mom and Dad had me try some.
It was delicious and so satisfying to slowly sink my teeth into. I was officially on a mission! I had to create a fudge that met the perfect fudge criteria:
Quick and easy
Absolutely chocolatey fudge.
And I believe I found it. 🙂
What Ingredients Do I Need to Make Fudge?
It’s pretty amazing that something so incredible can be made with only 7 ingredients. But that’s really all you need…7 ingredients!
- Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Milk Chocolate Chips
- Marshmallow Fluff
- Sweetened Condensed Milk
How to Make Chocolate Fudge
If you thought the ingredients list was easy, wait until you read how to make it…so easy!! Here are the basic steps:
- Prep your baking dish.
- Combine all the ingredients except the vanilla in a microwavable bowl and microwave it in 30-second intervals stirring between until smooth.
- Add the vanilla and stir it in.
- Pour into your baking dish then cover with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate until set, then cut and serve.
Can You Use Candy Melts Instead of Chocolate Chips in Fudge?
You can use candy melts instead of chocolate chips.
Can You Use Other Combinations of Chocolate Chips?
You can use any combination of chocolate chips that you like. If you are a dark chocolate lover, use all semi sweet or combine semi sweet and bittersweet. If you aren’t much of a dark chocolate person, do all milk chocolate. Make it exactly how you like your chocolate.
What Could You Substitute for Sweetened Condensed Milk?
You can use a 12 oz. can of evaporated milk plus 3/4 cup sugar. Cook for 30 minutes.
Can Fudge Be Frozen?
To freeze, cut into pieces and wrap each piece in foil or plastic wrap. Place the wrapped pieces in a heavy duty freezer bag and freeze.
How Long Will Homemade Fudge Keep?
Homemade fudge can keep for up to 6-8 weeks in an airtight container in a cool location. This makes is a great treat to make ahead of time. One less thing on your list to do before Christmas!
Here are a few ideas for changing things up:
- Peppermint: swap the vanilla for peppermint extract and add sprinkle crushed candy canes on top
- Coconut: swap the vanilla for coconut extract and add sweetened shredded coconut
- Nuts: add chopped pecans, almonds, or walnuts
- Swirl: do a marble swirl of milk chocolate and white chocolate
- Orange: if you’re a chocolate and orange lover, swap the vanilla for orange extract
Again, you can 100% make this fudge exactly what your chocolate cravings demand!
Last Christmas we made this fudge (along with our chocolate covered coconut balls and Rolo pretzels) and gave it to friends and neighbors. For some reason I always associate fudge with Christmas, but it should really be eaten all year round! I mean, it’s creamy delicious chocolate! Throw any color sprinkles you want on there (or none at all) and make this fudge recipe any dang time you want!
More Candy Recipes You’ll Love:
- Chocolate Covered Coconut Balls
- Oreo Peanut Butter Truffles
- White Chocolate Peppermint Cream Cheese Mints
- Salted Caramel Pretzel Snaps
- Red Velvet Truffles
- Salted Milk Chocolate Homemade Caramels
- Rocky Road Fudge
- 6 Minute Microwave Caramels
- Twix Ritz
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffles
- All our CANDY RECIPES here!
Our new book is now available!
This unique cookbook guides the way through every step, including meal lists and easy-to-follow recipes, and features dollops of heartwarming family stories.
- 2 Cups Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips Ghirardelli or Guittard
- 1 Cup Milk Chocolate Chips Ghirardelli or Guittard
- 1 Jar Marshmallow Fluff 7 oz.
- 1 Can Sweetened Condensed Milk 14 oz.
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- pinch Salt
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- Line a square 8x8” baking dish with foil and grease with nonstick spray, set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the chocolate chips, marshmallow creme, sweetened condensed milk, butter and salt. Microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring in between until the chocolate is smooth and creamy. Stir in the vanilla.
- Pour into the prepared baking dish, spreading the top evenly and cover with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours until set, then cut into squares and serve!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO our FREE Oh Sweet Basil NEWSLETTER AND RECEIVE EASY RECIPES DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY DAY!
When you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #ohsweetbasil on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured in our stories! FOLLOW OH, SWEET BASIL ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF OUR LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND STORIES.