A little bit of sweet, a little bit of salty and the yummy banana chips you remember from your childhood! This trail mix recipe is perfect for hiking, the holidays or game day!
I was chatting with friend the other day about school lunches, aka the worst part about back-to-school ever and she mentioned that she was so tired of the snack rut. I totally am the same but one little thing has been helping me the past two years- snack mixes and trail mix!
All you do is throw together snacks that hit a few notes like sweet and salty, crunchy and soft and bam, you’ve got a brand new snack for lunch or after school! Sometimes I even mix together cereals and dried fruits, the kids love it!
Ingredients for Banana Trail Mix
One of the best things about a trail mix is that it can totally be flexible to what you have and what you love. This is our favorite combination but feel free to customize it to your liking.
- Dark Chocolate Chips – creamy and chewy
- Pretzels – salty and crunchy
- Caramel Bits – sweet and chewy
- Salted Almonds – salty and crunchy
- Banana Chips – sweet and crunchy
The measurements for each ingredients is listed in the recipe card below.
How to Make Banana Trail Mix
It almost seems silly to even have a section to explain this, but you would be surprised! Dump all the ingredients from the bags into a large bowl and toss together. Now that’s a recipe that anyone can handle!
If you aren’t a fan of one of these ingredients, you can create your own! Here are some other ideas:
- Milk Chocolate Chips
- Dried Apples (or any other fruit)
- Coconut Chips
Why You Will Love this Recipe
Well, there’s chocolate involved, so I don’t really need many more reasons than that, but there are so many reasons to love this recipe:
- It’s easy – can you tear open a bag and dump it? That’s the only skill you need!
- It’s quick – takes less than 5 minutes
- Great for taking on the go
- A hit at parties!
- Has all the flavors and textures you want in a snack!
How to Store Banana Trail Mix
Trail mix should be stored in an airtight container at room temperature. It will keep for up to 3 weeks.
When I think about trail mix, I think about hiking, road trips, playing games while camping and game day. Those are all perfect occasions for a handful of this chocolate caramel banana trail mix! It is also fantastic for an after school snack or a baby/bridal shower. I’m obsessed with the combo of banana, caramel, chocolate and salty pretzels!
More Snack Mix Recipes:
- Reese’s Snack Mix
- Candied Nuts Snack Mix
- Muddy Buddies
- Slow Cooker Ranch Chex Mix
- Sweet Coconut Chex Mix
Sweet and Salty Chocolate Caramel Banana Trail Mix
- 1 Bag Extra Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1 Bag Snyders Pretzel Rounds
- 1 Bag Kraft Caramel Bits
- 12 ounces Salted Almonds , or more to taste
- 2-3 Cups Sweetened Banana Chips, broken
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl and toss well. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO our FREE Oh Sweet Basil NEWSLETTER AND RECEIVE EASY RECIPES DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY DAY!
When you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #ohsweetbasil on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured in our stories! FOLLOW OH, SWEET BASIL ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF OUR LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND STORIES.