Sweet gooey Chex mix – One of those classic party or holiday snacks that seems so lame when you look at it, but you can’t stay out of it once you try it.
We had a friend bring over a bag for Christmas this last year. I grabbed a handful and then the next thing I knew, the whole bag was gone. My husband and kids didn’t even get a bite. Oopsies…a classic snaccident!
It’s really that good and that addicting. You have to try it!
This is such a yummy treat to eat while watching a movie or hanging at a party etc! It’s so simple and it’s a nice change from popcorn. You could totally mix things up and add nuts too.
Ingredients for Sweet Chex Mix
It’s the simple things that are the best, right?! There is nothing crazy in this recipe, just simple ingredients blended together in the perfect way. Here is your grocery list:
- Light Corn Syrup
- Corn Chex
- Rice Chex
- Golden Grahams
- Slivered Almonds
- Shredded Coconut
The measurements for each ingredient can be found in the recipe card at the end of the post.
Feel free to add or swap any of the ingredients you want. Peanuts or cashews would be a great addition or mini pretzels. You can also swap the cereals for other ones you love.
How to Make Sweet Chex Mix
Snack foods should be simple and quick in my book. Otherwise, you’ve missed the point of a snack. Am I right? Yes, yes I am! Here are the basics:
- Combine the cereals, nuts and coconut in a bowl and line two cookie sheets with parchment.
- Add the butter, corn syrup, vanilla and sugar in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from the stove and pour over the cereal mixture.
- Mix together and then spread out on the parchment paper to cool.
Are Corn Chex Gluten Free?
All Chex products that are gluten free will be labeled “gluten free”.
Currently, only Rice Chex are gluten free.
Is Karo Syrup the Same As Corn Syrup?
Karo is a brand name for corn syrup.
You an use Karo syrup in any recipe that calls for corn syrup.
There are light and dark corn syrups, so be sure to use the appropriate syrup.
When was your last snaccident? This is about to be your next one. You’re going be stuffing coconut sweet chex mix in your face faster than you can imagine. It’s mostly sweet with a little bit of salty and whole lot of crunch!
More Snack Recipes to Eat by the Handful:
- Muddy Buddies Mix
- Rosemary Parmesan Popcorn
- Churro Chex Mix
- 5 Minute Reese’s Snack Mix
- Cinnamon Sugar Pretzels
- Salt & Vinegar Popcorn
- Easy Candied Pretzels
- Parmesan Herb Pretzel Nibblers
- Ranch Slow Cooker Chex Mix
- Apple Pie Popcorn
- Cinnamon Roll Pretzel Bites
- Garlic Parmesan Dill Popcorn
- Churro Popcorn
- Reese’s Krispies Popcorn
- Coconut Oil Kettle Corn
- All our yummy Snack Recipes!
Our new book is now available!
This unique cookbook guides the way through every step, including meal lists and easy-to-follow recipes, and features dollops of heartwarming family stories.
Coconut Sweet Chex Mix
- 3 cups corn Chex
- 3 cups rice Chex
- 6 cups cereal golden grahams
- 1 cups slivered almonds
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup corn syrup light
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sugar
- In a bowl, mix together the cereals, nuts and coconut. Set aside and lay out parchment on cookie sheets.
- Place butter, corn syrup, vanilla and sugar in a pan and bring to a boil.
- Once it begins to boil set the timer for 1 minute and let it continue to boil.
- Remove from heat and pour over cereal in a large bowl.
- Mix and spread out on wax or parchment paper to cool.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO our FREE Oh Sweet Basil NEWSLETTER AND RECEIVE EASY RECIPES DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY DAY!
When you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #ohsweetbasil on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured in our stories! FOLLOW OH, SWEET BASIL ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF OUR LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND STORIES.