Sweet gooey chex mix. One of those classic party or holiday snacks that seems so lame when you look at it, but you can’t stay out of it once you try it.
This is such a yummy treat to eat while watching a movie or hanging at a party etc! It’s so simple and it’s a nice change from popcorn. You could totally mix things up and add coconut or nuts too. I don’t, but you could!
Are Corn Chex Gluten Free?
All chex products that are gluten free will be labeled “gluten free”.
Currently, only Rice Chex are gluten free.
Is Karo Syrup the Same As Corn Syrup?
Karo is a brand name for corn syrup.
You an use Karo syrup in any recipe that calls for corn syrup.
There are light and dark corn syrups, so be sure to use the appropriate syrup.
Sweet Gooey Chex Mix
Recipe By Kelli Knowles
- 3 cubes of butter (1 1/2 cups)
- 2 cups light corn syrup
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 Boxes of Chex (we choose different flavors like, rice, honey nut and corn)
- Place butter, corn syrup and sugar in a pan and bring to a boil.
- Once it begins to boil set the timer for 1 minute and let it continue to boil.
- Remove from heat and pour over cereal in a large bowl.
- Mix and spread out on wax paper to cool.
Serving Size:1 recipe
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 4351 Saturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 183.2mg Sodium: 0mg Carbohydrates: 980.9g Fiber: 6.1g Sugar: 942g Protein: 10.7g