Why do I always think I need more food at Thanksgiving? Got leftovers like me? Try Thanksgiving Leftovers Turkey Tetrazzini with Crunchy Honey Dijon Topping.
This post is sponsored by Kettle Brand
Holy leftover turkey. What in the world are you all doing with all of your leftovers this Thanksgiving? We’ve got a few recipes that are our go-to, but this Thanksgiving Leftovers Turkey Tetrazzini with Crunch Honey Dijon Topping just took the cake.
Or the turkey.
I don’t know how to say that, but either way here’s why we love this Turkey Tetrazzini recipe.
There are the same things left over every Thanksgiving at my house.
- Chips from snacking and football
Now some of those things aren’t that big of a deal, but I love to use things up versus wasting so what better way to use it all than a creamy, cheesy Turkey Tetrazzini?!
Thanksgiving Leftovers Turkey Tetrazzini with Crunchy Honey Dijon Topping
We always have enough leftover turkey that we bust out the Ultimate Leftover Turkey Club for next day sandwiches, freeze some of the meat for dinner in a hurry using our Food Saver, but then there’s still turkey left.
When you’re looking for what to make that’s not just plain turkey as that can get boring, trying using leftovers in a totally new recipe like Turkey Tetrazzini.
But here’s the secret, you know how you had those Kettle Brand chips for everyone to snack on while dinner is cooking and football is blaring? Sneak some of the Honey Dijon flavor, or any that you love, but I’m telling you, there’s something about that honey mustard flavor with the creamy turkey, and set them aside.
Kettle Brand chips are the ultimate crunchy chip. You chip lovers know what I’m talking about, chips aren’t at all just about the flavor, you want that crazy crunch thing going on and not all chips are created equally.
Kettle Brand Chips
This holiday season, be totally ready for every drop-in guest, late night munchies while you chat with loved ones and of course, holiday meals. Keeping Kettle Brand potato chips around isn’t just smart for snacking and playing games with family and friends, it’s actually a great way to finish off a holiday meal.
Take this Turkey Tetrazzini for example. As I was finishing off the recipe I felt like it needed a little crunch on top, much like a perfect macaroni and cheese with a breading. I remembered that we had these Honey Dijon chips in our storage room so on a whim I ran down, grabbed the bag and crushed them up.
Dear sweet mercy, it was perfection!!
Kettle Brand potato chips are non-GMO, totally packed full of flavor and I hear that they are literally an obsession among some of our neighbors and friends.
Ohhh, maybe you could give a bag and a note that says, “You’re all that and a bag of CHIPS!” for neighbor gifts!
I’m kind of feeling like a genius now.
- What is Turkey Tetrazzini?
Alright, I’ve said the word Tetrazzini 500 times already, but I haven’t mentioned what Turkey Tetrazzini is.
Check it out! Tetrazzini is an American made dish with diced poultry (yes you could use chicken as well) and mushroom in a butter/cream and parmesan sauce. It is served hot over linguine, spaghetti, or some similarly thin pasta, garnished with parsley.
Can Turkey Tetrazzini Be Frozen?
Because turkey tetrazzini is a cream-based sauce and full of pasta it’s best to never freeze it. Your sauce will separate and the pasta will continue to bloat and take on the liquid. This will make for a mushy pasta which no one wants.
What to Serve with Turkey Tetrazzini
Pasta is always tricky isn’t it. You feel like you have to serve only a salad with pasta dishes, but if you’re smart about it, you can actually ditch the side dish completely.
If you add some extra veggies into your Turkey Tetrazzini I see no need to even worry about sides. I mean, carbs, protein and veggies are covered.
Heck, you could even say you’ve got dairy as well!
Alright, but I get it, you are like me and one dish sometimes feels like you at least need a salad. Here are a few ideas.
The holidays don’t have to be crazy and fully of stress. There’s small and simple ways to make the most out of your time together. We are really, really big fans of including food in that.
When someone you love smells or tastes something you’ve made for them or rip open a bag of their new favorite chips (hello Kettle Brand Honey Dijon!!) they’ll think of you! And isn’t that exactly what we want to happen?
Thanksgiving Leftovers RECIPES
Looking for more recipes for leftover Thanksgiving recipes?
- The Ultimate Leftover Turkey Club
- Cheesy Ham and Potato Bacon Casserole
- Chicken or Turkey Pot Pie Soup
- Chicken Wild Rice Soup (or Turkey)
- Chicken (or Turkey) Detox Soup
Looking for more delicious PASTA RECIPES?
- Ham Lemon Orzo with Parmesan and Peas
- Lemon Orzo with Parmesan and Peas
- Zupas Copycat Tomato Basil Orzo Soup
- Lemon Orzo Pasta Salad
- Cuban Pasta Salad
- Teriyaki Chicken Pasta Salad
- Bacon Chicken Ranch Pasta Salad
- 10 Minute Ranch Tortellini Pasta Salad
- Spring Ham and Asparagus Lemon Cream Pasta
- Greek Orzo Pasta Salad
- 15 Minute Pesto Pasta
- All our Pasta Recipes here!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO our FREE Oh Sweet Basil NEWSLETTER AND RECEIVE EASY RECIPES DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY DAY!
When you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #ohsweetbasil on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured in our stories! FOLLOW OH, SWEET BASIL ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF OUR LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND STORIES.
Our new book is now available!
This unique cookbook guides the way through every step, including meal lists and easy-to-follow recipes, and features dollops of heartwarming family stories.
Turkey Tetrazzini with Crunchy Honey Dijon Topping
- 12 oz thin spaghetti or linguine
- 4 cups shredded cooked Turkey
- 1 Cup Button Mushrooms sliced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- Olive Oil
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 1/3 Cup flour
- 2 1/2 Cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1/2 Cup Milk * any percentage is fine
- 1 Teaspoons Kosher Salt
- Dash of Pepper
- 1/4 Cup fresh Parsley chopped
- 12 ounces Frozen Peas
- 1 Cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 Cup shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Cup Crushed Kettle Brand Honey Dijon Chips
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F.
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of salted water until aldente, following package instructions.
- Chop 4 cups of turkey meat, shredding a bit as you chop. Set aside.
- Place a large dutch oven or pot over medium/high heat and add a drizzle of oil then add sliced mushrooms and sauté 3 min or until softened.
- Add minced garlic and sauté for 1-2 min until fragrant.
- Into the pot, melt the butter and once melted, whisk in 1/3 cup flour until lightly golden and slightly nutty in aroma.
- Add the chicken broth, 1 teaspoon Kosher salt, a dash of pepper and whisk until smooth.
- Add the cream and milk and bring to a simmer to thicken.
- Season sauce with more salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the turkey and pasta into the pot then sprinkle in 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley, peas, shredded mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese and stir to combine.
- Cover and bake at 350˚F for 30 min then remove lid, sprinkle with crushed Kettle Brand Honey Dijon Chips and continue baking 10 min.
- Serve immediately.