It’s freezing outside and we wanted some warm tortellini soup last week.
I saw this recipe over at Clements Clan Cuisine, which is such a great blog, and we decided since we already had everything that we would make this right away. It totally hit the spot, warm and delicious! I added a little chopped, fresh parsley since I had a little that needed to be used, but kept it the same otherwise.
My sweet husband snapped the picture for me so you should for sure head over to Clements Clan Cuisine so you can really see what it looks like. Thanks for the delicious recipe!!
What Is Tortellini?
Tortellini is ring shaped pasta.
Tortellini is usually stuffed with a mix of meat, and Parmigiano Reggiano cheese.
Can Tortellini Be Fried?
Tortellini can be dipped in bread crumbs and fried.
Dip fried tortellini in tomato sauce and eat as an appetizer.
Can Tortellini Soup Be Frozen?
Yes, you can freeze Tortellini Soup, but without the tortellini.
Pasta turns mushy when frozen and then thawed.
Freeze the soup base and all the tortellini when reheating the soup.
- 1 lb Italian Sausage ground
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon Thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pkg. tortellini large
- 2 carrots large-chopped
- 2 celery sticks -diced
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1 clove garlic -crushed
- 3 cans Chicken Broth
- salt and pepper
- Mix together and form meatballs-smaller then a golf ball.
- Then brown them in the skillet until all the way cooked through.
For the Soup
- Saute up the vegetables until soft-while in a pot start warming up the chicken broth.
- Then add veggies, meatballs and tortellini, salt and pepper.
- Cook for about 8 minutes and serve with a little parm sprinkled on top!