We’ve only given you 50 Banana Bread recipes, so why not make it 51 with this moist white chocolate banana bread full of white chocolate chips and banana flavor!
STOP! Before you read this post, have you read our post on The Very Best Banana Bread? It’s essential before you make this white chocolate banana bread recipe. It will teach you everything you need to know in order to have your banana bread turn out perfect and answer any questions you might have. Once you’ve done that, we can move on to a recipe our 7 year old daughter created.
Yes, she’s 7 years old and has some pretty fantastic ideas for in the kitchen. It’s a slow process to be in the kitchen with kids but as they get older and you’ve created those awesome habits you’ll find them being more bold, trying new things and even coming up with some pretty fantastic recipe ideas.
After we created our best moist banana bread recipe (you guys, it literally took us years and years, no joke) we were dying to take a break, er I mean try even more recipes, haha.
Ok, it was a balance of both. On the one hand we really did need a break from banana bread, but on the other our minds were suddenly bubbling with ideas. After breakfast one Saturday, our youngest daughter asked if she could create a white chocolate banana bread recipe, and how could you ever turn down this darling face?
The banana bread is super moist thanks to the oil and mashed bananas, but what’s really awesome about it is that it almost has a slight churro flavor with the hint of cinnamon and those creamy white chocolate chips. My goodness, she nailed it!!
And to think that at first I almost resisted the cinnamon as I told her it would change the flavor and wouldn’t be as much about the white chocolate, but lesson learned, kids need their chance to experiment and be the experts.
Are White Chocolate Chips Dairy Free?
There are dairy free white chocolate chips, but most do have some dairy in them. You can search specialty stores for white chocolate chips that are dairy free.
Are White Chocolate Chips Gluten Free?
As you may have noticed, many chocolate chips are now labeled that they are gluten free. This is because some may be made in a factory with gluten present, so manufacturers are being wise about labeling the chocolate chips that are in fact gluten free.
In order to know if white chocolate chips are gluten free you’ll have to check individual packages, for example Nestle labels their’s as gluten free.
Is White Chocolate Real Chocolate?
No, white chocolate is not actually chocolate, but that certainly doesn’t stop me from loving it. We make Maple Pecan Blondies with White Chocolate Sauce, my absolute favorite White Chocolate Molasses Cookies, and many other recipes on the blog.
Why White Chocolate Won’t Melt
White chocolate doesn’t love heat so it can easily seize or turn lumpy and grainy. If you encounter this you can try adding a little cream to smooth it out if you’re using it for a sauce or drizzle, otherwise you do have to start over.
The best way to melt white chocolate is in a bowl over a pot of simmering water so you can slowly melt the chocolate at a low, indirect heat.
Which White Chocolate is Best for Melting
White chocolate is such a tricky thing to work with as all bags of white chocolate are NOT created equally. After a whole lot of testing we have to side with Cook’s Country who found Guittard to be the best. Ghirardelli though is a close second.
If you’re using white chocolate for dipping just go ahead and stick with almond bark. In fact, I even really like almond bark or white chocolate dipping discs for our stuffed cookies as they melt down all smooth and lovely unlike chocolate chips.
If you have almond bark just chop it up for our white chocolate banana bread.
Banana Bread RECIPES
Looking for more banana bread recipes? We definitely have you covered, are you ready?!
- Sour Cream Banana Bread
- Peanut Butter Banana Bread
- Chocolate Chip Banana Zucchini Bread
- Pumpkin Banana Bread
- Biscoff Banana Bread
- Oreo Biscoff Banana Bread
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO our FREE Oh Sweet Basil NEWSLETTER AND RECEIVE EASY RECIPES DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY DAY!
When you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #ohsweetbasil on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured in our stories! FOLLOW OH, SWEET BASIL ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF OUR LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND STORIES.
White Chocolate Banana Bread
White Chocolate Banana Bread
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon, optional or add to taste
- 1/3 Cup Canola Oil
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 1/3 Cups Mashed Banana, about 2 very large bananas or 3 small
- 2/3 Cup White Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9×5″ bread pan with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together the oil and sugar. Add in the eggs and whisk again, but be sure to not over mix.
- Dump the dry ingredients, banana and chocolate chips on the wet ingredients and switching to a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, gently fold the ingredients together just until a few streaks of flour remain.
- Pour into a bread pan and bake for 50 minutes. At this point, barely open the oven and slide a piece of tinfoil over the bread, close the door and bake for the remaining 10 minutes.
- Once the bread is done, open the oven door, turn off the oven and let the banana bread rest for 2-3 minutes, no longer, before carefully setting it on the counter for a few more minutes. At this point, slide a knife around the inside of the pan and carefully turn the bread out into your other hand or onto the cooling rack directly if you are gentle. Place it right side up and allow to cool or be like us and dig in because warm bread is the best!